Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Traditional video calls - possible on Xperia Pro?

Is there any patch or software ?

is there anyother way to make video call because at the other end only java version of fing ,tango, rocketalk are supported ?

does any one java version of these software support video calling?

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

samsung added that to their modified version of Android, I don't think SE will do something like that. you can use fring, qik, tango, yahoo, skype to videocall as long as you have a data plan

Anonymous(anon)

problem is the other side phone does not support these software .

Is there any software by which i with my data plan can make video call to phone number which support video call.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I doubt that will work but I'll look into it

Anonymous(anon)

hi,

I also own SE P990i and i have also used the traditional 3G calling. I was also of the assumption that the SE high end phones must be supprting the video call. Just tell me is there any phone of SE which supports video calling. heard somewhere that Play has video calling but i m not sure.

Thanks

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

symbian phones like the satio do, but that's symbian, which is dead, and SE wont support anymore, all Xperias are androids (but Xperia X1/X2) and doesn't support this feature since it's not provided by google.

Like I said in some other post, it makes sense that Google won't support this feature since they have Gtalk videoconference

Anonymous(anon)

Does ICS will provide this facility atleast...

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

sorry but not so far, unless samsung and other carriers add this feature like samsung did with the galaxy SI and SII

Anonymous(anon)

last week i bought this phone and with full excitement telling to my friends and collegues that this is alternate to galaxy S2 at affordable price, but got humiliated once they told about no video call option...if there is no video calling option in latest smart phone, which even outdated Nokia N95 facilitates,and HTC phones facilitates. Please advise ...

Greenhorn
nabs

Hope upcoming updates address this issue.