Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Advicer
go2ranjan

Re: Traditional video calls - possible on Xperia Pro?

NeoV.jpg

SonyEricsson has launched new NeoV phone that can take images in 3D. In its specification it is written that it can make Video call as well as video chat. This is just like the Live with Walkman phone. When you will click on this image you would see some contradictory kind of things like they say Video call via Gtalk which in actual is video chat not a Traditional video call. Also time duration of Video call is still shown as X. Can somebody confirm if it and live with walkman phone really can make video call or they are confusing people.

Advicer
go2ranjan

The difference between Video Call and Video Chat is that Video Call involves dialing a phone number.

Anonymous(anon)

What wrong with SE phone... 3G call is the most basic function today.... How can such an important function is neglected for the sake of data plan profitness...

Using SE for a month just discover the stupid front camera is not for video call... really feel cheated... starting to move to another brand...

P/s: SE, dont bring us back to the age where calling is just voice

Anonymous(anon)

recently heard that SE will come with android 4 on all(11) xperia phones.Does android 4 have native video calling option

Anonymous(anon)

i am also frustrated with SE because of this, planning to buy new phone from other manufacturer...

been waiting for so long...

Anonymous(anon)

SONY?? pls follow the call spec in symbian 5th edition Nokia N8, E7 etc. It was call video call by using gsm network. I dont understand also why sony didn't include this function. :smileyangry:

in other words even my old omnia HD got video call function..

Advicer
go2ranjan

same here....looks like in a few months from now i got to buy a new phone....i wish SE put a patch of Native 3G video call like Samsung phones....if they don't then i will have to move to other manufacturer and most probably Samsung coz i can not give  my hard earned money to that company who doesn't give basic features. Let me tell you that i am using Sony Ericsson from the times of T600i.

One time poster
uiq3user

It seems that in this case we will have to wait a few months, because

Sony is buying Ericsson's share in Sony Ericsson. If the acquisition is approved, it will be finalized in January 2012.
Fortunately or not, it turns out in the summer/autumn of 2012.

I have no patience further drill down on why Sony Ericsson did not implement video call option over the GSM network in the newest smartphone line. My opinion on this subject I have presented here a long time ago.

Anonymous(anon)

yesterday i got neo V , but surprised to know that there is no native video calling .

Samsung android phones have video calling option.When SE going to introduce this feature in neo v.

Is there any hope that SE will enable video call in neo V ?

otherwise need to buy samsung phone.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

you should buy a samsung phone, that's the only Android that has video call over 3G (not data plan)