Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

Strange when phone is connected to PC via USB.

I discovered this when a message came in while the phone is connected to PC using the USB cable.

I used pattern lock and as I was trying to access my phone, I can't get it. As I touch the screen the phone creates patterns of its own. I was only able to access or use the phone after I unplugged it from the USB cable.

I disabled the pattern lock. And did further testing. And I was able to confirm it. I am not able to press any icon. The phone reacts differently like when I press the phone icon, the phone reacts as if I am trying to place a widget on the screen. Random things happen.

I removed the cable again and the phone is okay. I went to texting screen and plugged the USB back, I can't type because other letters get type by themselves.

This doesn't happen when the phone is connected to its charger though. So I am sure it is not the cable. I used other PC, same thing happens.

What could be wrong? Did anybody experienced this?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Strange when phone is connected to PC via USB.

are you using any protective case that might be pressing other buttons while you connect it to the PC?

also go to settings -> about phone

which android version and build number do you have?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

Hi!

Thanks for quick reply.

There are no casing what-so-ever is in use.

I had to unplug the phone from the PC to follow your instructions... :smileyhappy:

Android Version: 2.3.4

Build Version: 4.0.2.A.0.42

There you go...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

go to settings -> sony ericsson -> connectivity -> usb connetion mode -> mass storage mode (MSC) press OK and make sure that Auto connect in MSC its NOT selected

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

Thanks...

No go...

Same thing happens.

Guess what, I connected the phone to the Netbook, and it is working as expected. I reverted to the USB settings based from your instructions, and it still works.

Must be the USB port, no?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yeah, either the USB port on that computer or the computer itself, but at least you know it's not the phone

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

Yes. That's what matters most... it's not the phone. Hey the phone is just 3.5 days old. :smileyhappy:

I love it.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

check this thread

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/146337#146337

if you don't want to flash to a newer version w/ flashtool that's fine, but make sure you check how to backup everything on your phone and don't forget to mark the Correct & Helpful Answers

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

Is it okay to use it on MT11i? The instructions talks about M15i.

slimshaddy

, its not the software or phone's problem..

rather its the computer :smileywink:

try connecting it with another pc and it will not do the wierd thing...

Edit - i just saw you tried with another pc..

try with another if you can :smileyplain:

i had a similar issue... but only with my pc..with other's it worked alright....

ok then try uliwooly's suggestion , and see if that solves the problem..but do check it with a third pc :smileyhappy: