Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
anisin84

Sony Erricson 4.0.2.A.0.62 Drains Battery

Hi

There was a recent update for my SE Neo V, where it was upgraded to 4.0.2.A.0.62. Since then the battery started draining very quickly. I have not installed any other apps and I am a pro user know what all apps drain battery and what dosnt. I have all the settings in place such as in sync, I am not syncing anything except my gmail. When I go to see whats killing my battery, I find that the keep awake time for " Android System " is above 5 hrs from a total of 7 hrs. Even when the phone is in idle, it rapidly drains the battery. Please note this happened after the update last week.

Below are the screens

Please help me with a solution. Also see if you are facing the same problem or not.

screenshot_2012-01-23_2358.png

screenshot_2012-01-23_2358_1.png

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Sony Erricson 4.0.2.A.0.62 Drains Battery

Try this, when the phone reaches 50% in battery level turn it off and remove the battery for a few minutes. Then insert it again and charge the phone while turned off for about 5 hours.

Now start the phone and check if you still experience this drain.

Let me know how it goes.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I noticed that you are on Edge/2G, but lets try this, go to settings -> accounts & sync -> uncheck background data, see if it makes any difference, also charge your phone 100% then use it normally, do not charge it, let it drain to 10% then go to

settings -> about phone -> battery use and take screenshots of the list of items that used the battery, and each individual time. and also tap on the graph (on landscape and take a screenshot) that will help a lot on figuring out what's the issue

btw do you have a taskiller, battery/juice defender or antivirus running? if you do, uninstall them, you don't need them at all

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
pushkar.bagmar

I too am facing the exact issue on my Xperia Pro after updating it to ...62 version a couple of days ago - the battery gets consumed really fast now.

One time poster
anisin84

Hi All

Thanks for the wonderful comments and probable solutions.However this is what I did to fix it. Please follow the below.

1. Download the latest PC Companion here http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/pccompanion/xperia-neo-v?cc=i...

2. Then install and run it . Follow the onscreen instructions and reinstall the update 4.0.2.A.0.62 via the software.

Please take a backup of all your apps and phonebook as it will work like a factory reset with the latest update.

Once the phone restarts and installs the latest update you will notice a marginal improvement of the battery.

Also after this please make sure you go to Accounts and sync and uncheck the syncs you do not requre. I have auto sync on only for Gmail and Whatsapp. I use Triallian and is on 24 hrs so is SLK Notifications (Facebook), Gmaps latitude etc even after all these, my phone now goes for over 24 hrs without change.

Also I have done what uliwooly & johan said on completly drainin the battery till it switches off. Then remove the battery for 5 mins and reinsert it and charge it for abt 5 hrs (on or off). This may also have taken some effect.

Please let me know how it works after you perform the above.

Thanks

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same issue as you have/had.

You mention that you noticed "a marginal improvement of the battery." I wonder what that marginal means and if this is really a solution?

I will try suggested things and will let you know if these help.

Rene

Talent
mustang2011

I was having the same issue after I upgraded my Neo V and I did exactly what anisin84 has done, also recharged the battery as suggested by uliwooly and Johan.This definetly improved the battery backup, also I select the WCDMA preffered/GSM option only when I want to use 3G.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I have actually posted a new discusion about HDMI service on my Xperia Neo V. For me it was this na issue which drained my battery a lot.

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/158129#158129

Try to install aLog app (or simmilar) and see what is causing problems on your phone.

My battery is now on 2 days + something (WCDMA/GSM) + GPS. So looks good to me, but I would like to see why is the HDMI the troublemaker....

One time poster
anisin84

Thanks all and good to hear that the solution is working..Lets hope everyone follows the above instructions to get a good battery life.

@ Rane: - By marginal I mean before from 100%-0 % would take me 15 hrs. Now it goes for almost 30 hrs(with Edge on 24X7 ) along with FB and Gtalk Chat. Also gmaps.

One time poster
anisin84

Please let us know if it worked. I get abt 30 hrs +