Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
xiaowinter
Accepted Solution

Software repair

May I know where is the software repair on Sony PC Companion?

Do give me advice on where to find as I couldn't find it on my PC Companion.

On my Sony PC Companion, there are only 5 button for me to press, which are

1. Support zone
  2. Contacts Setup
  3. Media Go
  4. Sync Zone
  5. File Manager
One time poster
siva1601

Re: Software repair

Hi,

Software repair is nothing but installing the software again to your phone.

In PC Companion just go to

Support zone >> click on the start button under software update then it prompts a window showing the latest software available to your phone or else it will show the "repair phone" option :smileyhappy:

One time poster
xiaowinter

Thank you for your reply! :smileyhappy:

You mean Software repair is just installing the PC Companion again?

My phone is having some problem such as notification LED does not flash when SMS is received (After i downloaded 4.0.4 version) and I am unable to copy, cut or change language input if I"hold" the textbox of my SMS that I used to do that.

I was told by the technic staff at Customer Service Centre that I can check my phone using software repair. I follow your instructions and click on the "Repair phone" option. I notice that my phone memory will be delete if I click on that option. It sound a bit risky that all my setting, apps or contacts will be deleted.

So I am wondering should I use"Repair phone" option to check on the phone problem?

One time poster
siva1601

Hi,

1. First thing is that the notification led does not flashing is the bug in 4.0.4 version and even if you repair your phone like as I said it won't solve the notification led problem.
  2. Second thing is that if you hold the text box in any application you will get a graphical menu on the top of the screen for copy,cut options and paste is visible inside the textbox itself.
  3. If you repair your phone then entire phone memory will be deleted but before repairing your phone it will ask you to back up your settings,contacts everything so that you will be able to restore them once you complete repairing your phone.
One time poster
xiaowinter

Hi,

Thank you for pin-pointing about the notification led does not work if I used the "Repair phone" option. Lucky you told me or else I will be wasting my time, listening to the technical Staff to use the repair option. :smileyhappy:

For your point 2,

In my case, my handphone does not show the graphical menu on the top of the screen for cut, copy option in my Messaging app or other app such as facebook, Twitter. The only visible item when I hold the textbox, it will be the paste option that is in the textbox.

Beside this, I hold the textbox but there is no option for me change to other language other than english.

After downloading 4.0.4 version, I could not find the Screen Capture or Screenshot button. Do you know where to find it?

One time poster
siva1601

Hi,

1. If you hold on empty text box it will show only the "paste" option. If you hold on  some text inside the text box then on the top you will see options to sqaure image(select all), scissors(cut) and copy.
  2. For changing language you can go to settings >> language and input >> change language.
  3. For taking screenshot you need to hold the power button and volume decrease button simultaneously for 5 to 7 seconds.
One time poster
xiaowinter

Hi,

I think it is not the changing language for my whole phone. I only want to change language from the textbox, in between some of the text. For example, writing chinese words and english words in the textbox.

I remember before the update of 4.0.4 version, I can change the language input by holding the textbox. It is the together with copy, paste and cut options before the update.

Now I am not sure where is the option for changing the language.

By the way, I experienced once my phone will automatically shut down while I am surfing facebook app. Before the phone shut down, It "hang" and any button that i click or touch, there is no effect, showing the phone is not working. At that time, the phone will automatically restart and it display on the screen, stating "Updating". I am wondering if there is any new update version, will it suddenly shut down my phone?

All my apps are perfectly functioning well except Whatapp. Before the sudden shut down, I updated my Whatapp to a newer version. However, after the phone shut down and restarts, my Whatapp has changed back to the older version. May I know what caused this problem or is it fine or usual that this type of problem occur?

One time poster
siva1601

1. If you want to change the input method then you can click on the settings icon in the keyboard.
  2. Yes of course, due to Sony's ICS update full of bugs:smileyangry: you can expect hanging and sudden restart of your phone. But when it's restarts it won't show "updating" instead it shows the normal boot screen "Sony logo".
  3. Regarding whats app it may be a update error i.e update is not installed completely because of sudden restart of your phone and it's not a problem, you can update again it from play store :smileyhappy:
One time poster
xiaowinter

Hi,

1. How can I change the input method? I click the setting icon (Beside the full stop " . " option) in the keyboard, but there is no language option for Chinese.
  2. No wonder, hope there will a better Sony's ICS update in the future. For my case, the sudden restart of my phone, it display the screen of "Sony logo", but after that, it show the "Updating". At this point of stage, I am still unclear what is the phone updating on? :smileyconfused:
  3. I have been using the newer version of Whatapp for a few days before it came the sudden shut down and restart, which leads to my phone Whatapp to become a older version. I think it could not be a update error or else Whatapp could not function for that few days that I am using.