Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Rooted Xperia Neo V, NOT BOOTING.

without relocking, sony ericcsson wont even go to update mode... it used to show error.. and i tried writing recovery into device.. it says u need to root your device.. so that means my device is not rooted now.. it is locked too...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that's quite odd

so again what happened when you use this to flash your phone (not to relock but to flash)

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/30938

this is another free alternative

http://www.wotanserver.com/en/sony-ericsson/se/xperia-neo-v-mt11/unlock-tool/debranding-flash

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

can u give a s/w or an option to flash my phone completely ? so that i can update it from sony again ? now it is just rebooting.. nothing happening.. i tried the .42 firmware.. i installed it thru flash.. still not booting..nor updating...

Nabeel

after reading all the posts, i think i m left with no more options.
NOTE : uliwooly is the best person related to rooting, flashing, kernels, flashtool. If he couldn't solve it then no one else on this forum can,,,
he might be offline now,,, wait for him to reply

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Anonymous(anon)

hey... my other id got lost.. i dont knw.. by the way.. can anybody give me an option to corrupt my ROM now,or to format it so that the updater can update it instead of saying that my phone is alrdy updated ?

Anonymous(anon)

i will tell you what is happening now..

when i try to push in recovery files into phone through command prompt or flash, i get the error saying the "device should be rooted before doing this "

when i try to unlock my bootloader, it is failing with error.

when i try to upgrade with SEC, it is showing that i have the most recent software..

What can i do to make my phone work now,  as it doesnt boot up. Restarting at the sony ericsson logo.

Really would love some great help... im F****ED !!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

can you post a screenshot of the error/message you get when you run "Flashtool"?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

it is saying that the Phone should be rooted first.

i am in office now, so cant paste the screenshot.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that doesn't make any sense, flashtool doesn't require your phone to be rooted

Anonymous(anon)

i dont know buddy.. when i use flashtoo, it fails. similar too using flashboot in cmd mode, and in cmd mode also , it fails similarly. im STUCK .. no other option to flash ?? coz i am not able to put it into recovery mode too, it needs ROOT it seems