Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Problems after ICS upgrade to Neo V (unlock slider malfunction)

Hey I am from India.

I upgraded my neo v to ICS via PC companion. The phone was working fine for a few days.

Except for dialer that takes at least 4-5 seconds to open up, lately I'm facing a new problem.

Lock screen slider doesn't work properly including call answering slider. I have to slide at least 3 times to unlock the phone & the same to receive call.

Is anyone else facing this problem. How can solve this??

Nabeel

Re: Problems after ICS upgrade to Neo V (unlock slider malfunction)

Hi, i would suggest you to format your sd card ....( it would ensure clear installation) and reinstall your phone's software using pcc

Backup everything as it will erase all data on phone (sms, contacts,apps)

Update/Repair your phone via PCC OR SUS

PCC (PC COMPANION) – Repair your software with this .First do the setup without connecting your mobile to pc.(only connect when you are asked to).

Do it as follow >> PCC > SUPPORT ZONE> SOFTWARE UPDATE> REPAIR SOFTWARE (written with blue) 

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello,

Thanx for ur reply. But it didn't help. The problem remains the same.

Is it bcoz of some fault in touch screen?? I started facing this issue a week after I updated to ICS 4.0.3

My phone is just 2 months old. I think there might be some problem with the touch screen.

Can service center solve this problem??

I bought my neo v from Magnet, Sion in Mumbai.

Nabeel

Hmmm, you must contact your service center

I doubt its a hardware problem :smileyhappy:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Anonymous(anon)

Ok. I read on different forums that sometimes the edges of touch screens r less responsive.

To unlock we need to slide from left bottom to the right bottom of the screen. So I guess that might be a problem...

Nabeel

I doubt its hardware...... although observe for a couple of days, otherwise go to support center :smileyhappy:

One time poster
Shivakumar

Guys,

I just got this update from the UK Sony support people, we cannot fix this problem, we have to roll back to Android 2.3.  ICS requires minimum 1GB RAM for it to run flawless and as part of disclaimer they have clearly mentioned that updating ICS may reduce the performance of the phone.

Android 4.0 software is more intensive in terms of resource usage. Both Android and the Google Mobile Services (GMS) applications are becoming more advanced which means; they require more CPU power, run more network activities and use more RAM.  This means the performance of the handset may decrease compared to how it was when on Android 2.3.

Tough luck :smileysad:

Shiva

Anonymous(anon)

Same thing appening here!...

Have a look at my thread: http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/37445

#Shivakumar

I have read reports of people that have performed the downgrade to GB 2.3 through the service center, and without any solution to the problem.

Could it be that the ICS OS have damaged somehow the hardware, which make the problem be replicated in GB after the donwgrade?

Anonymous(anon)

Well, out of nowhere my lag problem is solved!!!

Have a look here (http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/193609#) to see what happened to me.

I hope this can be of use to all the other users with the same problem.

I am not a technician, but I will gladly try to help you guys in any further information!

Anonymous(anon)

Hi there,

I got the same issue to! Suddenly the touchscreen behaves strange. The slider is not responding (or touchscreen) good right after wakeup. I tried to go back go GB and then back to ICS using SUS. But nothing works. Also when I have unlocked the phone, the first 10-15 seconds I cannot long press the homescreen. It's like the system recognize it as a single press.

The issue is gone when I wait about 10-15 seconds....then the screen behaves correct...so it should be a software problem....but why is the issue not gone when new firmware is installed from scratch...that's the strange part....are any 'hardware' parameters that cannot be changed by firmware?

Does someone know the answer....it's really disturbing behaviour...that came suddenly...I don't think sending the phone to the service center will help me....because I'm pretty sure it's not hardware related...