Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

PC Companion not detecting phone

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/pccompanion/aino?cc=gb&lc=en

have been given the above site to enable me to wipe my info. (old password) from the pho.  It is a new pho and I have forgotten the swipe and password!!  Pho agent has given me the above address but all it has done is install the 2.12.017 for me but still does not allow me access to the phone.  Over 4 hrs later I am still on sony pc companion "How to connect", the pho is "detected" and "being installed". I have tried to to access the pho but my old password has not been removed, I still do not remember the old password and so therefore I have not advanced at all.

I am unable to locate any helpful info. on this support forum, although I am quite willing to believe it is all there.

I need assistance;  the info provided by the phone agent is getting me no-where fast and I am loosing my patience with a phone I did not really want!!

Can anyone assist me. pls.

Message was edited by: suze2011 changed title and put link in body text

Anonymous(anon)

Re: PC Companion not detecting phone

I would try using Sony Ericsson Update Service instead of PC Companion.  Download from the following link, ignore the Aino, you get to choose your phone once running the programme.

Aino™ - Update Service - Downloads - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson

It is often a good alternative if PCC is not playing ball.  The other thing you can try with PC Companion is turning your PC on and off then reconnecting, try a different USB socket or even use a different laptop/pc. But I'd give SEUS a shot.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: PC Companion not detecting phone

Just to add further that running a repair using Sony Ericsson Update Service will wipe your phone back to factory settings therefore you can access the phone as no password will be set up.  You will lose the content of the phone memory but not the SD card.

The last thing I am wondering is if it is the phone password or your Sim Card password that it is asking for.  If it is the Sim Card password, then running a repair won't help... I think you would need to speak to your provider about resetting the password on your SIM.