Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

Ouch, I have a bluetooth ache!!!

:smileysilly: So much for creative title.

I would like to know what is the formula with regards to successfull bluetooth connection between my laptop, a Dell running Win7 and my phone. Unlike others, they are quick to blame the phone being this and that.... so I made my own checking before I wrote this.

Here's the thing, sometimes it is successfull when the phone sends photo to the laptop and vise versa. Until I tried recently, without changing anything, the devices seem to be in LQ (Lover's Quarel) mode.

But if I send or receive from A Nokia N77, it works every time. With a Blackberry, it behaves as if it is connecting to my PC. What gives?

slimshaddy

Re: Ouch, I have a bluetooth ache!!!

same thing with me :smileyangry:

i thnk dell sucks :smileyhappy: i have a inspiron 5110...

i formatted it and after installing each and every driver , my arc cannot connect to laptop anymore.. before that everything worked without any problem..

same , i can transfer to and from nokia n95 , blackberry bold 3 and moto rokr :smileyplain:

arc just cant connect :smileysad:

i tried to install additional bluetooth drivers.. laptop said to turn bluwtooth on , switch , something like that , i did but nothing , it got stuck there.. and now i have to connect with cable to transfer files :smileysad:

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

The simplest things sometimes are the hardest to work with. Sigh.

Anonymous(anon)

Just try and try until you succeed..:smileylaugh:

Trustee
Markus

Since you say this used to work it might be a stupid question but - do you remember to prepare the computer for receiving a file via Bluetooth? This is usually done by right-clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the status bar (down by the clock) and then clicking on "receive file". It can be done differently depending on Bluetooth software in the PC though.

Also, have you asked Dell if there are any updates available?

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

slimshaddy

ok i never tried this before , and it used to work without this , now also it work finr with other phones....

i am not saying problem is with arc but dell..

and no use of asking dell support..

their supoort sucks.. pathetic:smileyangry::smileyangry:

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

Markus, Forrest Gump used to say; stupid is what stupid does... yes I always do that with the bluetooth icon, right click on it and select receive if I want it to receive.

Slim is right, Dell's tech support is pathetic. I had issues and i resolve them myself and the tach support would tell you; I was going to tell you to do that but youbeat me right to it. Duh!?

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

LOL!

The darn thing just decided to work today. Gheez, ain't this thing supposed to be like exact science?

slimshaddy

it worked..?? how..?? what did you do..??

i just saw i dont have any bluetooth icon :smileylaugh: :smileylaugh: have to re-install the drivers:smileyangry:

One time poster
SEXperiaNeoV

I did nothing. I've just decided to try again. Weird. :smileysilly: