Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Not able to tether with wifi in xp

Hi. Im not able to tether my phone using wifi hotspot. My laptop with xp is able to detect the signal but when I click connect is keep saying Aquiring Network Address. Is it my system probelm??? Im not able to tether even with USB connection, used some third party app for that and it worked. Uliwooly.. any solution for this????

gwhispererz

Re: Not able to tether with wifi in xp

Hi, it is stated that tethering works with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Linux.

Goto phone tethering Menu, then tap Help.

Suggest to try apps like PdaNet or Easy Tether Lite from Android Market.

Anonymous(anon)

yes.. it also says that to make usb tethering work for windows xp we need to install tetherxp.inf . Even this didnt work. So I have gone for a 3rd party app. But does this issue also applies for wifi hotspot or tethering???? thanks for the reply.

Community Manager
Johan

Are you able to aqurie a network address on another phone or computer? That might be worth checking.

If not, a software repair of the phone via PC Companion could help.

www.sonyericsson.com/pccompanion

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Im not able to acquire the address in my PC. It stands there saying Acquiring network adress. But other phones are able to connect to my wifi hotspot. I will try repairing with PCCompanion and reply to you. Thanks for the reply

Anonymous(anon)

sorry to ask again.. does this software repair the PCCompanion or my phone OS???

gwhispererz

It is to repair phone software.

Be aware that this will erase phone data completely (SD Card not affected), backup if necessary.

Anonymous(anon)

I cant afford that .. kindly suggest me another solution for this.

Community Manager
Johan

You can find info on how to backup your phone here: http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/154664#154664

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.