Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

No more MTP

Hi

I just got an Xperia NEO and it won't connect in MTP mode anymore. It shows connected on the phone but nothing on PC. However I can switch to MSC and transfer stuff. If I switch it back to MTP it now shows the phone but nothing in it (before there was the SD). Any ideas?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: No more MTP

Try rebooting your PC with the phone connected to it and failing that, restart the phone while connected to the PC.Otherwise, try a different USB port and/or a different USB cable.

Anonymous(anon)

Just tried your suggestions, with no luck :smileysad:

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Then try running the SE update service on your phone and see if that helps.

Anonymous(anon)

I've updated it like a week ago. It says, up to date, latest software.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/85800#85800 Have a look on this related thread and see if there is a solution that works for you.

Anonymous(anon)

Forgot something, don't know if it's worth anything. It stopped working when I enabled USB tethering and Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Well then disable it and see if that enables MTP mode.

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

When in MTP mode have you tried pulling down the notification bar and tapping Connect phone memory card?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

The option to connect / disconnect memory card isn't there for MTP, only for MSC.

Still having problems with it tho, I uninstalled PC Companion and tried to reinstall but it fails to install the MTP USB device driver ...