Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

No more MTP

Hi

I just got an Xperia NEO and it won't connect in MTP mode anymore. It shows connected on the phone but nothing on PC. However I can switch to MSC and transfer stuff. If I switch it back to MTP it now shows the phone but nothing in it (before there was the SD). Any ideas?

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Re: No more MTP

Try rebooting your PC with the phone connected to it and failing that, restart the phone while connected to the PC.Otherwise, try a different USB port and/or a different USB cable.

Anonymous(anon)

Just tried your suggestions, with no luck :smileysad:

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Then try running the SE update service on your phone and see if that helps.

Anonymous(anon)

I've updated it like a week ago. It says, up to date, latest software.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/85800#85800 Have a look on this related thread and see if there is a solution that works for you.

Anonymous(anon)

Forgot something, don't know if it's worth anything. It stopped working when I enabled USB tethering and Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot.

Forum Legend
Dr_Chris

Well then disable it and see if that enables MTP mode.

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

When in MTP mode have you tried pulling down the notification bar and tapping Connect phone memory card?

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

The option to connect / disconnect memory card isn't there for MTP, only for MSC.

Still having problems with it tho, I uninstalled PC Companion and tried to reinstall but it fails to install the MTP USB device driver ...