Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Neo V display not working but phone works

I have my Neo V display not working where as phone works. Touch screen works, I receive calls, charging works, able to switch-off / switch-on, etc. Service Center person says liquid log near the display connector. Not sure where this water has come from into the phone and using very delicately as I am yet to complete EMI :-(

Any similar incidents? How much display costs for Neo V?

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Re: Neo V display not working but phone works

Unfortunately when it comes to liquid damage there is not alot that can be done. You will need to bear in mind that depending on exactly where and how sever the damage is, it could also affect the main board and not just the screen. This would make for a repair that would be deemed beyond economical repair due to the cost involved. if it is just liquid and not corrosion then you may want to try what is termed the "rice trick" - basically open the phone up as much as possible and bury it in a bowl of dry uncooked rice and leave it in a warm dry place for a few days. This draws out any remaining moisture that could cause a problem.

Anonymous(anon)

Service person confirmed there was no liquid seen any where in the phone except some fungus/rust near the display connector.

Just found that display is very lightly seen ... is it possible that only LCD backlight not working?

I am sure there was no liquid logged. I have used the mobile. Then charged mobile for 4 hours. After that display is not working.

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

To be honest if it is rust or corrosion of any kind then there is not a lot I can advise you to do. Given the location of the damage there could be a number of problems caused and with this type of issue it has a tendency of getting worse as the corrosion worsens. The repair agent may be able to perform an out of warranty repair but you need to speak with them directly regarding that.

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, My one month old Xperia Neo V also face the same problem, it never had any contact with water. I tried all possible options, but display is not coming..

One time poster
suresh3862

i'm having exactly same problem with Neo L. It was working fine and out of nowhere it started giving same problem. All application and touch screen works fine. My phone is just 5 months old and never had any contact with water :smileysad:

Rookie
ramgkliye

Me too had a similar problem where my Sony Xperia Neo V slipped from my hand and display gone. Phone is working and able to receive calls, switch on and off and even charging as well, but no display. I took it to two authorised sony service centres whom had diagnosed the problem as 1) Display  2) Board Issue

Finally i spent 3850/- (indian rupees) and laid a new display connector.

Regards

Kesav

Learner
dimitrios

I have very similar problem

After almost two years having this phone working properly, I decided to move to clean version of ICS (without any local carrier garbage). I used official update guide with flash tool and rooted my phone. No boot unlocking performed. Everything was working properly for about month or two, but after that some lags with screen started.

Many times the phone’s display remains off after unlocking. I feel that phone is working, there is vibrating while unlocking and sounds of clicks and there is light under navigating buttons. So I’m locking phone again with power button and try to unlock again. That might succeed after one or two attempts like this, and might take longer. After the display turns on successfully, phone is acting as usual.

I tried “Update Service” but it tells me that I have latest software. Flashing back to GB or reflash it again to ICS does not help.

For now I’m leaving phones display active while charging and that helps me to have it available.

I doubt that it is worth to give to service repairs because it will cost too much. My question: is it a LCD that makes the problem? I’m thinking just by a new LCD and replace it, will it help?

Any help will be appritiated