Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Neo V 4.1.B.0.587 : Review

I'm also pretty sure that I won't buy a Sony device ever again.

The new 2012 update policy, while ignoring the bugs in ICS at the same time, is a clear evidence of incapacity. This is not what I have expected from a service oriented company and I'm not willing to financially support a company which is simply not able to pay any attention to their customers.

fun12892

They removed that button.  So the way to take screenshot is by holding the volume down button and power button simultaneously for about 2 until 3 seconds.  It's better than using the power button when you're going to take a screenshot from a game.

One time poster
futurefunk

are the games like backstab,asphalt 6 working...?

One time poster
Samir9199

hey siva..i want to see the setting mean/....u uplzz upload a pic...:smileyhappy:

One time poster
sonyworld94

Hi,

Is this only an ICS update or upgrade to Jellybean?

In particular, i wanted to know if 'Google Now' works on this update or not.

Thanks!

One time poster
saadhika

i recieved the update notification yesterday..i am only concerend about the LED issue.. has the bug been removed for sms, whatsapp and gtalk?

please let me know.

One time poster
Shashank

Disclaimer-Though the following has nothing to do with an ICS update on NEO V, sharing my experiences here that has more to do with the poor battery experience...

Hi,

I own a 1 year old SE Xperia Neo V, and it had delighted me since then.

The battery back up, until a couple of months ago, was quite satisfying- 14-15 hours of regular use. I used to charge it every night for about 6-7 hours and it would accompany me for the whole next day- with an average of  1-1.5 hours of call, 1 hour of music, 1 hour of browsing on 3G, 10- 15 messages, 15 mins of Youtube.

However, now i notice the battery to be drained completely within the first 6 to 8 hours after 100 % charge. It actually reaches 30-35% and then, abruptly shows 1% charge and switches off. So, if i forget to carry the USB charger anyday, I need to beg-borrow-steal it form any of my colleagues. This has been quite annoying experience for me.

I had some 15-20 apps installed and a free RAM of about 65 MB.

Tried a few experiments-

1) Switched off the 3G data and the battery would behave as normal and give more than a day backup, easily. I use Vodafone 3G services and my sim card is around 7 years old.( if the age of the sim card has to do something here). Calls, messages and music playback were normal.

2) Factory Reset- this at least, if nothing more, helped me reclaim my RAM back to around 150 MB even after re-installing some of the regular apps.{Special thanks to google Play-> My apps for coming handy in quick re-installing}. The battery continues to show the poor performance. Lost all my messages.

3) Switched off the BRAVIA engine and reduced the brightness of screen from 60% to 40%. ( I mean this is crazy yaar- keeping your 'smartphone' to near-blind stage to save juice.AAARGGHH!!!)

screenshot_2012-11-20_1807.png

My Observations & Conclusions-

1) Battery drain is caused by the 3G services.

2) After switching the 3G off, the display uses a hefty share of the juice. The above screenshot is taken on a day (today) when the display was used only for a total of 40 mins.

2) Nothing much to do with ICS upgrade. ( I still use android version 2.3.4 as provided in box and haven't updated yet).

Last resort-

3) For a change, since the battery is already an year old, I have  planned to order a new battery as the last resort.

To the stakeholders here,

Kindy provide your advice, views, opinions on the same.

(Until then , I will keep experimenting and be a regular visitor here...)

Regards,

Shashank

Talent
srids

Better way to have battery life of sony mobiles is

" DO A FULL RECHARGE AT NIGHT,  WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND THEN SWITCH IT OFF YOUR XPERIA MOBILE.

NOW, USE ANOTHER MOBILE (NOT XPERIA) FOR DAY TO DAY LIFE. ONCE PURPOS IS DONE, I.E. BEFORE GOING FOR BED, SWITCH ON YOUR XPERIA MOBILE THAT YOU HAVE CHARGED PREVIOUS NIGHT AND YOU WILL SEE LESS % OF BETTERY CONSUMPTION. SO YOU WILL GET GOOD SLEEP"

SORRY TO FORGOT, PEOPLE USE MOBILE ALSO FOR ALAMR. PLEASE NOTE THAT THAT ALSO CONUMES BATTER. IF YOU WANT ALARM, PLEASE USE ALAMR CLOCK.

In short, buy xperia mobile, charge it fully and switch it off. you will get better battery life.

If you turn off 3g, bravia, brightness, games, gprs etc.. etc.. what is the use of android smart phone???

Isn't it Joke then?

One time poster
Milind

Can anyone tell me how much time does it take to update to this firmware. I was trying to update through PCC. For 45 mins I was waiting for it to complete then I canceled it.

One time poster
Sathravada

My neo V works better than the earlier .431 version. Now its bit faster. yes i agree battery drain is much faster than the earlier one. I have 8GB class 2 SD card in my mobile even then it is better in loading he files. Ordered on 16GB Ultra hav to see how it works. Camera is now bit faster in capturing.

NO issues with Wi-fi using regularly.

if they can update to JB it wil be gud.