Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
jmUAEPH

NEW ICS UPDATE 4.1.B.0.587 ISSUES

Hi

i updated my Xperia Pro with 4.1.B.0.587 3 days ago and i noticed this newly found and existing issues.

1. Home screen lags most of the time after using music player/browser/gaming etc. (which is not an issue during my GB days)
  2. Network mode goes back to wcdma/gsm mode everytime you shutdown/ turn on your phone. I usually use GSM Only mode but when i turned off my phone and switch it on again i have 1 signal bar missing and when i check the network mode it shows the dual mode. It happened most of the time.
  3. After several hours of using phone applications or playing games and browsing internet it takes time to respond. Especially the settings and phone dialer. (yeah its faster compare to first ics update but after several hours of usage it becomes worst and takes about 7-10 seconds to appear the dialer)
  4. i dont find any difference with the previous ics update, all i can say it fix some issues for a short time period and issues goes back with worsiest respond compare to previous one. i dont know what to say but i am hoping if sony cannot fix the 2011 ICS software pls give us an option to go back to gingerbread using SPC or SUS. or just give us a 2.3.7 update with 2012 xperia user experience and we will be thankful instead of having unstable ICS update.
  5. stock email client becomes very slow it takes 7-10 seconds to open the applicaton. (gmail apps is better but im using stock email for my yahoo mail account)
  6. Home screen and menu is rotating while charger even though auto rotate screen is diabled. (i dont know if this one is additional features for the new update or another bug)
  7. Lastly never ever suggest me to repair/reset/reformat my mobile because im done with all these troubleshooting and all bugs were still there.

updated august 22

Talent
jaggerkieth

Re: NEW ICS UPDATE 4.1.B.0.587 ISSUES

I confirm all of this NEW and existing bugs. If SONYcan't give us STABLE ICS then why are they wasting time developing ICS instead develop JB for us. It's really disappointing giving us update but does'nt even fix all of this bugs, and giving us another bugs. Please always tests all of your updates before releasing it, this is not good on your clients. Giving us all of this user experience are really not good.

chiragvagh

Format memory card, repair with SUS and after phone start do factory reset you will get smooth ICS .587

One time poster
avkarnik@gmail.com

I was facing same problems & now yesterday everything went wrong. Phone stopped functioning. The problem is already posted in this forum.

One time poster
cam4

Any one noticed that the home screen and menu can be landscaped when charging!!! Good one.

Talent
jaggerkieth

Already done repairing and reinstalling, even reformat my SD Card still that bugs exist. I can confirm all of those bugs listed above really exixt in  .587 update, tried updating 3 Xperia pro and 1 Xperia Ray with this update and seen those bugs after the update. Fix this SONY

One time poster
jmUAEPH

yeah i notice that too. I dont know if it additional features or another bug for the new update. I wonder how it is possible because i turned of the rotation function of my phone and still its rotating when charging

One time poster
jmUAEPH

thanks for supporting this thread. Pls update us also if you find another bug for the new update.

Community Manager
Johan

Thank you for reporting this. I have passed on the points above to concerned teams.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
ltcdata

I'll add a couple of bugs i have, and also people reported from other forums:

Xperia Pro MK16A.

- Wifi turns on randomly, mostly when unlocking the phone (same bug was in 4.1.b.0.431)

- If you have the pattern unlock on, now sometimes the slide to unlock appears before the pattern, so you have to waste a little more time unlocking the phone.

- Still very laggy when moving in the homescreens, and in general using the phone.

- The dialer now appears a little more faster, but not gingerbread-faster.

Solved things:

- HD recording now lag-free, but still mono audio (and sometimes it seems like the fps goes down in the recording, also it seems that the MBPS is lower now).