Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Memory Card Unmounted

Hi, I have connected my Xperia neo v phone to my laptop and copied some data and installed PCCompanion. Now my phone is not reading my memory card. It is saying Memory Card Unmounted or Not Present. I did not disturb the memory card at all. Please help me. It is just 4days that I bought this phone.

Nabeel

Re: Memory Card Unmounted

Disconnect from pc

Remove the memory card and insert it again and post in the results

it might be that your phone is set to connect in MSC MODE.. sometimes it results in disappearance of memory card

also check whether your phone is showing option for mounting sd card
(settings> storage> mount sd card )

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I have removed and reinserted the memory card but the reult is same.

Yes I connected my handset in MSC MODE.

And also one more doubt, is every picture/video I download or take and every application I download and install are getting stored on my memory card. How can I make use of my phone memory or Cloud memory, which is given as 50GB.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

If you connect the handset ot a PC does it show up there? (It is unlikely but worth a check)

Anonymous(anon)

Yes it is showing as Phone Data Card. And I can access all the data on my SD card using my PC. But when I disconnect it from my PC I cannot see the things back on my phone. It is saying SD Card Unmounted or Not Present.

Nabeel

i think you need to repair your software ( the only thing i can think of at present)

though wait for SAM to reply, he might come up with different solution

it would delete all phone's data ( memory card not affected) so backup if necessary

Update/Repair your phone via PCC OR SUS

PCC (PC COMPANION) – Repair your software with this .First do the setup without connecting your mobile to pc.(only connect when you are asked to).

Do it as follow >> PCC > SUPPORT ZONE> SOFTWARE UPDATE> REPAIR SOFTWARE (written with blue)  

PC Companion http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

or

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

both the links are same

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

It may be worth trying what has been recommended by Nabeel, however please do check in the memory status section to see if the "Mount" option is selectable. I know it sounds simple but worth a check.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, I had a similar problem with my xperia neo. I switched off the phone; Removed my memory card and reinserted it. But the problem persisted. But when I removed it with the phone turned on and reinserted again, the phone detected it immediately.

I'm no expert in this, just thought it would help.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Vishal, thank you very much, I have tried this and it worked.

Thank you very much once again and thanks to all those expertes who took time to try to resolve this problem for me.

Nabeel

which phone do you have ??
its kind of an impossible task in xperia Arc S, we can't take out/reinster the sd card without taking out the battery :smileyshocked:
anyways nice info :smileyhappy: