Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
mkaraagac42

Is ICS postponed??

Nobody knows official release date of ICS. Somebody says its postponed. Is ist true?

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Is ICS postponed??

nope.. no official news so its right on time ..which is by the end of  march n early april the phones will start getting ICS

One time poster
mkaraagac42

ICS will published at same time in all countries,isnt it?(sorry for bad english)

Anonymous(anon)

no..not at the same time .. some will get at the moment it is released and some will get it a little late

Anonymous(anon)

they will get ICS in this sequence

The first smartphones to get the upgrade are Xperia™ arc S, Xperia™ neo V and Xperia™ ray. Soon after, starting from end April/early May, Xperia™ arc, Xperia™ PLAY, Xperia™ neo, Xperia™ mini and mini pro, Xperia™ pro, Xperia™ active as well as Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman™ will get their upgrades. 

One time poster
mkaraagac42

ok then... we are waiting impatiently!.

One time poster
mkaraagac42

hey again. im from turkey and "ics will be released at may" said at official xperia twitter adress. Is it true?

One time poster
adibek

I think ,this long time of wait to upgrade to ICS phones from 2011 , is not good for rebranding process form SE to Sony. Galaxy SII already have ICS :smileysad: And the latest news "HTC Sensation XE Android 4.0 ICS update now seeding" . When ICS will be sending for us ???

Anonymous(anon)

Yeah, I knew this was coming. Samsung did a better job. Samsung updated the software only to the phones capable of software upgrade. So did htc. They kept their promises. Anyone who read sonys latest blog article knows that sony is trying to keep there customers from updating to android 4.0. They realize their mistake. Samsung just gave a feature update to galaxy S because they knew they couldnt do it. I bet after the update, the blog will be flooded with complaints of slow sluggish UI. Thats what sony is trying to say. I totally blame Sony because they didnt renew their hardware in 2011, when all manufactures moved to dual core processors. Google came up with ICS because they knew manufactures would upgrade the mid 2011 models only. sony didnt even give the arc s a dual core processor when everyone was talking about quad core.

A bad start for sony mobile. Everyone is going to go for the new htc one series or better if samsung could bring out their new flagship. So much for their xperia S. S stands for SHIT.

Anonymous(anon)

Just read your post and the one I just posted is very similar, only I demanded answers in mine hopefully someone from customer support will get back to me on that one. All I got from the customer rep on the chat was "all I can do is apologise for the delay David but I have no further information available" - like this is something we want to hear. Always the same, they brag and they boast about stuff but never deliver and wonder why people get angry at them. I'm trying to get as much out there as possible about this because I had the X10 back a couple of years ago and that came with the same promise of the update from android 1.6 to 2.1 within a certain timescale and guess what, they never delivered then either!

Same old excuses and let downs on their promises. So whilst all the others like Samsung and HTC etc are releasing theirs with ICS or updating their handsets, Sony lag behind as per usual and let their customer base down. Bless Samsung they realised that people with the original Galaxy S couldn't get ICS (at least through samsung offical) so they gave them the value pack you mentioned, now that is living up to their word unlike Sony who just keep us waiting with pathetic delays and poor information.

They need to pull their fingers out soon or they are gonna lose!