Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
session

Re: ICS updates Stucks at Preparing Computer for Software update..

Its there in the list of SUS... look closely

or try this newer SUS

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Anonymous(anon)

Now, my update stuck a bit ahead of where yours had stuck, from past 3 hours :smileysad:

Please, gimme a solution. I watched this system in my friend's LWW. And I want it. :/

stucked.PNG

Anonymous(anon)

Hey dude, I think, yours is the best way to do it. My updating through PC companion stuck 4th time in past 2 days.

and I wanted to ask you...

My system apps, data on SD card and my gmail ID setup will vanish using update service? or They will be as it is after updating to ICS from gingerbread of my SE LWW.

and What if internet connection breaks while updating or some kind of disturbance occurs while doing updation through update service? :smileytongue:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

turn your firewall and / or antivirus off

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

gwhispererz

Hi Mayur, only phone date will be completed erase when you use Update Service, SD card is not affected. As for disconnection of internet during phone update, no problem .... just repeat the process again. Anyway .... a better solution is to find a reliable internet connection. :smileytongue:

Anonymous(anon)

Yeah. I couldn't help myself from waiting to use ICS and updated it through update service and used option 'factory reset+update'. (factory reset erased all phone memory).

and My connection got disconnected thrice & I was happy to know that I could continue from where I was interrupted. and later I fell asleep and when I woke up. I was having ICS :smileyhappy:

Update Service is better than PC companion. :smileyhappy:

Thanks dudes :smileyhappy:

And thanks Android and Sony.

gwhispererz

No problem .... Glad that your phone is updated!

Anonymous(anon)

help..... im about to do a repair for my xperia u as per the advice from contact center and now im stuck w/ preparing computer w/ software update.... what to do? plsssss

gwhispererz

Don't panic .... just re-do the process.

If you are having problem with PC Companion, try Sony Update Service. Here's the download link, http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/.

Anonymous(anon)

will sony update do the fix for my prob w./ the camera for my xperia u because there a violet light on my camera