Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)
Accepted Solution

I have a dead/stuck pixel (it shines like a dimond) on my week old Xperia Neo V. What are my options?

Bought Xperia Neo V on 13th Jan 2012 and a couple of days later, boom! a dead pixel on the screen :smileyangry:. I am so very annoyed at this since its the same reason I had to sell my previous phone which had no warranty. SE's warranty states that 2 dead pixels are acceptable, which means that they will not entertain my request to swap the handset. Though its a policy, however; don’t they even care to check their product before it gets packed in the retail box? Gold plating the USB port instead of HDMI port proves the negligence. Making policies or warranty conditions by themselves doesn't mean they'll rob customer like this. How can a brand new handset, which has passed quality checks, malfunctions in a matter of 2 days? Can someone help with this issue?

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

Re: I have a dead/stuck pixel (it shines like a dimond) on my week old Xperia Neo V. What are my options?

I would still have the handset assessed as this is also based on the location of the dead pixel on the screen. I would also contact Sony Ericsson directly within your region for more information.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: I have a dead/stuck pixel (it shines like a dimond) on my week old Xperia Neo V. What are my options?

Thanks Jake. Took your advice and went to the service center where they inspected the phone and offered me a replacement. I am very happy about the fact that I dont have to deal with a faulty handset anymore. However, dont you think that its the responsibility of the QA team to ensure there are no defects on the phone before it heads to the retailers?

Also, is there any way I can leave a feedback on the experience I had? :smileyhappy:

Cheers!

- Sumit

Anonymous(anon)

congrats dude