Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: How to update the Build Number .42 to .62 (Philippines)

Yes she is very beautiful. Do you know Gong Li? Are you from China? How long you've been working with SE?

Speaking of updates, is it true that there will be an upgrade for the OS?

Demigod
sushidushi

No, I haven't heard of Gong Li. I am English, but live in Canada. I don't work for Sony (formerly Sony Ericsson). I just hekp out voluntarily on the forum when I can.

Yes, the 2011 phones (including ours) will get the latest version of Android, known as ice cream sandwich. This link will tell you more. Some phones will get it earlier than others, and some regions will get it before others, so no one can say exactly when you'll get it.

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products/2011/12/21/ice-cream-sandwich-coming-to-2011-xperia%e2%84%a2-sm...

Anonymous(anon)

Really? Where in Canada? My auntie and my friend lives in Ontario. So this is your charity work for Sony? :smileywink:

What is the model of your Sony phone? Do you have any problem with that phone?

Anonymous(anon)

Is the advance task killer really working or helpful? Thanks!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you don't need a taskiller, they do more harm than help, just when you exit an app instead of using the HOME button use the Back button.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

What about Battery Defender?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you don't need taskillers or battery defenders, not even antivirus

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

In that case, how can I observe my battery status? Because of battery defender, i know when to charge my phone because of its notification whether the bat is 90,89,78,55, etc. Is there any way I could observe my battery life even without battery defender? and How can I kill those running programs if there's no task killers?

Thanks!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can see the icon on the top of the screen if its less than 1/3 its time to charge your phone or you can go to settings -> about phone and see the battery status. whenever you exit an app press the Back button so it'll be close, android close apps that aren't needed after a while so don't worry about that

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can install this app so it will be trigger once you get to a specific percentage

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/156589