Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Heating issues and cannot use the phone while charging

Hello,

M using this phone (Neo V white color) from the past 10 days and love it. However, m experiencing a strange issue, it gets heated up while using the phone for 2- 5 mins (Browsing, Calls or playing games). It gets so much heated up that I cannot hold in my hand :smileyangry:. Also, m not able to use the phone while charging (nothin works)....is this normal?

Thanks for any help.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Heating issues and cannot use the phone while charging

That's not normal, repair your phone with SUS or PCC

Update Service (SUS)

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Also are you using a taskiller or antivirus or battery/juice defender? if you are uninstall them they do more harm than really help.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Hello,

I'm using Xperia neo V too since 28 th nov 11. Im totally agree with sneha33, in fact im facing the same heating issue during charging, playing games, browsing... Please help to solve my problem. Batteries upper portion gets too much heated up that no one can handle it... Please reply

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I'm updating service_setup-2.11.12.5.exe. Hopefull it will work for me.

Thanks uliwooly.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I want to add that I have just updated my system yesterday to os version: 2.6.32.5-perf.

Now im updating service_setup...(as said by uliwooly) is this will Help??? Is it safe to do that?

Community Manager
Johan

Keep us updated.

Anonymous(anon)

I tried but It says "Your phone is already Updated".  What to do now?

Anonymous(anon)

m not using any taskiller, but using Juice Defender. I I uninstall Anti-Virus, my phone may get affected with virus!?

Anonymous(anon)

Please keep up updated....this issue is really irritating me a lot!! It get too hot to handle :smileysad: