Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hard Reset Keys for Neo V & Sola

Hi All

I just want to know how to hard reset the below 2 phones. I already know how to reset it to factory defaults using the settings menu.

1. Neo V.

2. Xperia Sola

1.The reason why I want to know these is because in case my phone is not booting up at all and it keeps on restarting after it comes to the main screen. I need to know the key combinition such as Volume rocker down + power (for HTC), what is it for Sony mobiles.

2. The Sola has inbuild batteries so in case the phone freezes, how can i restart or reset the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Hard Reset Keys for Neo V & Sola

for the Xperia Sola

press and hold both: the power button & volume up

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for your prompt reply uliwooly, but I tried that just now on my Neo V, but it didnt work. I pressed them for about 30 secs but still no hope. I have tied that in both ways..that is when its already powered on as well as when its totaly off and then pressing them both together.

Is there any other way? what about the Sola, if it hangs, how can I reset. I cannot take the battery out.

Trustee
Jeff

For the Neo V you need to remove/replace the battery. The method uliwooly gave for the Xperia sola is correct (and the same for all our 2012 devices with embedded batteries).

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks Jeff.

That solves the Sola issue.

What about the Neo V. How do I start up to Quick boot/menu from where I can reset the phone, incase my phone is not loading or starting up or just restarts all the time before it reaches the homescreen.

Thanks in Advance

Trustee
Jeff

Sorry, there isn't any process other then reseating the battery.

One time poster
mejaineov

Hi!

I am having a problem with my neo v i forgot my pin code to unlock my phone. I need to know what are the keys to Hard Reset my device? Or any other way to unlock my device.

thanks in advance.

One time poster
pawan230

hi anisin

i m facing the same problem with my neo v

did u find any solution for this problem

One time poster
karthikav4u

Hello Jeff,

Gretting for the day!

I tried both ways (reseating and replacing the battery), but my Xperia Neo V is still not starting up properly. It is booting indefintely.

Could you please suggest any other way to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Karthik A V

One time poster
sdeepu69

Dude,

this is a useless phone, i tried all possible button combination to reset the phone but nothing happened,

Two times it got softawre problem when i switched on the phone i am able to see repeated SONY XPERIA...... not proceeding only....

I had 3 sony phones. each phone has given me software problem. 

Throgh it and go for samsung or nokia....

this Sony and erricson are mostly similar to china goods....

FTA.....