Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
getbacktosrinu

Re: Graphic intensive games are crashing on Xperia Pro

I found out the problem.

In my humble diagnosis, Blood & Glory (NR) keeps running services in the background once you open the game. While they are running, other games are affected.

I uninstalled Blood & Glory (NR) and I have no problems now with the other two games.

Thanks for all your help.

Anonymous(anon)

gre8

Master
slimshaddy

great :smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

Hi

I am getting same issues with Xperia Pro.

All my games are purchased from the market and say they are compatible, ( or in some cases from Humble Bundle.)

I just downloaded Lode Runner X, (made by Sony, and surely not that graphic intensive) and that is doing the same thing.

What happens is that the game either flashes black and pauses, or flashes black for about 2 seconds, or crashes completely.

This also happens with:

Smuggle Truck

Wind up Knight

Dead Space

Shadow Gun

and Cordy until i turned the graphic quality down.

I have tried clearing cache, killing apps, restarting, moving the game from sd to phone, phone to sd. Nothing changes.

I would be happy to send some log information to people at Sony if they are interested,

thanks

Stu

Trustee
Markus

Have you tried to either factory reset the phone or to repair the software and then try all over again?

If you haven't I suggest you do. After you've reset or repaired the software you should only install one of these games and no other apps. Try the game and see if you notice any difference. Then install another game and try again and so on. Just avoid installing all the same apps at once.

Let me know.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Markus

I did a repair and have started to reinstall everything.

Using Dead Space as the test everything was working fine until I installed Mcafee (which comes with the phone by the way)

Once Mcafee was installed Dead Space became unplayable, kept pausing itself and even the menu wouldn't respond.  This was exactly what I was experiencing before.

I uninstalled it and Dead Space is working perfectly.

I will continue to reinstall all my apps, just in case it was anything else, but at the moment Mcafee seems to be the problem.

Any suggestions of another anti virus (free) that i could use instead.

thanks

Stu

Trustee
Markus

Good to know it seems to be down to one app causing this and not the phone being broken.

I don't know why the app does this but clearly it's causing the phone some issues when gaming.

Personally I do not use anti virus apps at all so I cannot recommend a certain one.

"AVG Anti Virus" got tons of downloads and seems to be popular judging by the user comments. Have a look at it and see if you like it. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Markus

Still installing all manner of apps onto my phone and no crashing.

Are you able to follow up on the Mcafee problem with Sony, as I think this is quite a serious?

I originally had a xperia mini pro which did the same crashing and pausing.

After buying the Xperia Pro I just assumed the phones weren't that good, which reflects quite badly on Sony.

What makes it worse is that Mcafee is pre-installed on these phones.  I wonder how many other users are finding their phones lagging and just assuming that it is a hardware problem, (Does this affect other Xperia phones as well?).

thanks

Stu

Talent
paul4os

Yes, McAfee causes games to start randomly pausing. Remove McAfee if you want to play games. I contacted McAfee about this and they got one of their engineers to send me a custom build which would log the problem - I sent McAfee the logs and they say they are looking into it. Agree with you though that Sony should really be pressurising McAfee as this is making Sony phones look bad when it is McAfee's fault. See also http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/134972

What seems to be happening is that a game requires a lot of RAM and when RAM runs low Android kills background services to free up RAM. Most background services stay dead until you exit the game, but after being killed McAfee tries to restart itself in the middle of the game, hence causing the game to pause.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, thanks for the info Paul4os

It seems as though dead space needs a lot of RAM.

I have fixed the pausing problem on dead space and other games by removing mcafee.

But still encountered crashing and not loading, so have had to remove every widget that was hogging even the tiniest bit of ram and it seems to work most of the time.

It would be useful to be able to freeze certain processes from trying to restart all the time, when playing RAM hungry games.

Stu