Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
maRRRco

Re: GPS issues since update

Hello, sorry for my anger in the last posts. It is only releted to the infinite wait.

Luckily we have a dear friend :smileyhappy: as Oskar that first of all is a user like us.

He for sure found the fix and added this in ICS, so we can be quiet and wait a bit more, with the certainty we will have a perfect working Gps.

Anonymous(anon)

In this article

SONY say that Xperia ARC has no memory for ICS + applications.

I am very disappointed!

I expected ICS for the problem on the Xperia GPS!

For my phone Xperia:

Now I can not upgrade the my phone.

Now do not know if I can go back to GingerBread after the upgrade to ICS.

Now my GPS does not work.

Shame!

Trustee
Markus

Did you also read this part?

We we would like to clarify that above mentioned “challenges” have already been addressed by our SW engineering teams. For instance, we have not only optimised the RAM management by making the RAM usage for internal apps as good as possible, but we will also introduce a Performance assistant at start up when running ICS. In this Performance assistant, you can enable and disable certain services that you might not want to run on your phone, in order to optimise the performance of your phone.

Now I can not upgrade the my phone.

Yes you can. Read the full article and you will understand I think.

For the time being there's no official support to revert to old software once updated.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello here

I have SE Xperia Neo for over than 4 monts but I am really disappointed by its bugs which are what I have read here common for all xperia line.

There are two major bugs which I can prove and these are well described over the internet.

1) Wifi connection by 802.11n is totally useless because it ALWAS drops.

2) GPS loses position every 5minutes for 30 second and it is useless as well.

I hope both bugs will be solved soon in ICS otherwise I am going to refund the phone because without these function I don't need that phone.

Can someone from SE prove that these bug will be fixed in ICS??

Thank you for answer

R.G.

One time poster
maRRRco

I think Sony should offer a small 2.3.4 fix for gps seeing what are the expectatives for ICS.

If Sony itself say to think properly before update, it shoud give the possibility to have a full work phone with GB, and at the moment you know Gps doesn't work correctly.

This is not a correct political, in this way who want a Gps working must update to ICS for sure, so there is no way to think about, you are forced to do it. This is no good.

Do you not think that all these problems damage your image ? It's in your interest the customers care, and from this situation you aren't coming out clean. :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

SONY I WANT ANSWERS!

Wtf is this business of Sony telling users that ICS is not viable to run smoothly on our 2011 devices and then not launching a fix for the GPS in gingerbread?

I WANT A FIX IN THE GINGERBREAD! If you don't you will face massive consequences. On my company all the phones are on contract with TMN (Xperia Arcs S and Live Walkmans) and all of them suffer from the bug. If you don't do anything about it expect 35 phones to be returned!

The problem has been previously adressed and a fix has been found.

I WANT ANSWERS AND RESOLUTIONS!

One time poster
maRRRco

prenoted

stay tuned, good news for you very soon.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello

I'm reading this discussion from the beginning, I have the same problem described.

Searching with goole i found finally a solution :smileylaugh: in Xda forum !!!

Good news for everyone !!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1609920

No more Gps problems, have an happy day.

Bye

Anonymous(anon)

Hello, Sony!

Please do something!

There are some solutions both told by your engineer Oskar and the XDA. My forefeeling is that the ICS will not fix the bug.

Please work out a fix for the 2.2.4. That's what we all want for months!

Why do you make all customer waiting with anger? Don't get around the issue by offering new ICS. I doubt that there is something wrong you can't fix and you want to let our warranty go invalid.

One time poster
maRRRco

Did you read the previous message ?

Well, click on the link and enjoy.