Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: GPS issues since update

Hello

I deinstalled all updates. And I cleared the cache of each program. What other "options" do you mean?

Problem still exists.

Bye

Anonymous(anon)

I changed to alogcat as logging tool and found that.

Exactly every 5min and exactly fitting to the DOP problem in RunGPS (see picture) I got this:

10-31 13:36:19.737 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_event_cb: get loc event location server request, event = 1

10-31 13:36:19.737 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_eng_agps_data_conn_failed

10-31 13:36:20.750 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_eng_ioctl for ATL returned 1 (1 for success)

10-31 13:41:20.706 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_event_cb: get loc event location server request, event = 1

10-31 13:41:20.706 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_eng_agps_data_conn_failed

10-31 13:41:21.746 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_eng_ioctl for ATL returned 1 (1 for success)

10-31 13:46:20.757 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_event_cb: get loc event location server request, event = 1

10-31 13:46:20.757 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_eng_agps_data_conn_failed

10-31 13:46:21.767 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_eng_ioctl for ATL returned 1 (1 for success)

Look at the timestamp.

It doesn't matter if 3G is on or if I'm using Wifi.

In the settings (Standort&Sicherheit) "Drahtlosnetzwerke" was deactivated! The hint, that Google sends anonymous location data forced me to deactivate it.

If it works with this activated I will test later.

Hopefully anybody can give me a feedback.

dopDiagram.png

Anonymous(anon)

Hello Sony!

This is a big problem!

Summary:

1. After a certain active time of the phone (1h-4h) in each program which uses GPS every five minutes the phone tries to get contact to the AGPS server and the following error occurs.

10-31 13:46:20.757 D/lib_locapi( 238): loc_eng_agps_data_conn_failed

During this time (30sec) no GPS signal is available. The DOP is very high.

2. If the phone is in flight mode, the problem disappears. Again active, the problem is present again.

After reboot no problem, but after 1h-4h on time the problem occurs again.

3. The problem occurs since update to 2.3.3 and also in 2.3.4.

4. Every GPS program is affected. RunGPS, Navigon, Google Maps. Independend from each other.

5. Other Sony phones (Arc) from other users have the same problem since the newer updates.

6. Even after hard reset right from the beginning the problem exists. So it has nothing to do with other installed programs.

So please solve this issue. It is definitly a bug!

Please make a comment!

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

just out of curiosity, go to settings -> location & security -> what do you have selected?

Use wireless networks?

if you have this selected, did you allowed Google to collect anonymous location data?

use gps satellites?

Anonymous(anon)

I have exactly the same problem as you. I have the xperia mini pro (sk17i).

The gps signal lost every 5 minutes for 30 seconds.

This is definetely a software bug. It happend with android 2.3.3 and 2.3.4.

I bring the phone 2 times in 2 different sony ericsson service centers here in Greece, but they didn't fix it.

Sony please do something! Give as an advice please!

One time poster
jinx100

Yes, it looks like a software bug. The agps should remain off once gps has a fix. The agps just helps get a faster gps lock and is not needed once gps lock is aquired. The agps uses mobile phone towers to get a rough location and time.

Another possibility is interference from the phone temporarily signal blocking the gps satellite signal. This could still be fixed with software to coast past this interval and relock on the satellite signal.

Sony, what do you think?

Anonymous(anon)

Hello Sony responsibles

I know 3 Users now with three different phones (Neo, Arc, Mini Pro) in three different countries (Germany, Greece, Rumania) with the same problem.

Whats going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can we do to help! What things do you need to solve the problem?

Is the problem known? Do you need some protocols?

Please answer Sony!!!!!!

Anonymous(anon)

I have a Xperia Ray in Australia with 2.3.4 and have exactly the same problem. GPS lost signal exactly every 5 minutes for about 30 secs.

Trustee
Markus

Hi all, first of all - sorry for not posting earlier.

We've missed this thread for some unknown reason. Of course not our intention to ignore this.

I've created an internal escalation ticket on this to get it investigated and to get some answers/info.

As soon as I have something to tell, I will post this here in this thread.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello Markus

Escalation ticket sounds good to me.

Also see http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=20707&q=gps&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20S...

It's maybe an Android native problem (also).

If you need some more logs or something tell us.

And if ICS is the solution do not hesitate to provide it ;-).

Bye