Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Difference between micro SD classes

Hi guys, im going to buy a new micro SD card for my Xperia Neo, but first i would like to know if there is any appreciable difference between the micro SD class 4 and 6 or even class 10. What do you say? Is it worth the money?

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Difference between micro SD classes

There is of course some difference between the Class speeds of the cards.

You probably would not find much of a difference between Class 4 and 6 but you will probably see a difference between Class 4 and Class 10.

If you are able to get a Class 10 card, go for it.. I have a Class 10 SD card

Anonymous(anon)

But i mean, do you really see a difference using android aplications OR you just see the difference when transferring files via usb with a Class 10 card?

Anonymous(anon)

I have noticed transfer speeds are faster with the higher speed class.

So in theory when taking photos it is a bit quicker with a high speed class card.

You also need to consider if the mobile itself is capable to read and write at the rated speed class.

Unfortunately the actual read and write speeds the mobile is capable of is not published anywhere. Not that I know of anyway.

I'm sure the SE designers know these specifications but SE has chosen not to reveal them to the public.

Anonymous(anon)

I have read in an android specialized forum the following question with its respective answer which answers also my question so im going to publish it for future readers:

Question:

"Is a Class 10 MicroSD overkill or is a Class 6 adequate?"
Answer:

"It is most likely overkill unless you are doing a lot of write/reads to  your SD card for some particular reason.  The only reason I've known to  buy a faster SD card is for photography, when you want to be able to  reduce the time it takes to write photos from the memory buffer to the  SD card so you can take more pictures at a higher FPS."

And in some other questions basically answers the same. So i guess that is the answer. Thanks anyways

Anonymous(anon)

You are welcome.:smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Hey guys

I read all the opinions about the class on the micro sd

And I'm thinking to buy a 32Gb class 10, but does xperia arc s supports it? Or it has no difference for a class 6?

One time poster
lijo

no need of class 10 for neo because neo cannot hold that much transfer speed

i am using sandisk 16gb class 10 with a card reader i got 30 mbps read speed

and 10-15 mbps write speed.

when i connect sd card to pc via neo i got 4-7mbps write speed and 12 mbps read speed

neo cannot hold the maximum speed of class 10.its better use a class 6 its the correct sd for neo

never use class 2 sd cards for smartphone there will be a decreased perfomance in apps which

installed in sd card.you will get a much faster response in your pictures in gallary and other apps in sd

card with class 6

AD
Inhabitant
AD