Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
XenoGearX
Accepted Solution

Connecting Neo V with PC via Wi-Fi

Hi, im trying to conecct to my PC via Wi.Fi, since it's bothesome to connect the USB cable each time i want to transfer something.

I have a TP-Link wireless router to which my PC is connected via LAN and my phone via wireless, i have a Wi-Fi connection on my phone and the internet is working on it. Both PC and phone are in the same network (ex. 192.168.1.x, where x is the IP address for each device).

What i can't manage to do i connect my PC and my pone via Wi-Fi, i followed the manual on page 111:

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/mt11/userguide_MT11_AE_1253-9815.2.pdf

The manual suggests the following:

To pair your phone wirelessly with a computer using Media transfer mode:

1 Make sure Media transfer mode is enabled on your phone. It is normally enabledby default.

2 Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.

3 Computer: Once the phone name appears on the screen, click Networkconfiguration and follow the instructions to pair the computer.

4 When you are finished pairing, disconnect the USB cable from both devices.

! The above instructions only work if Windows® 7 is installed on your computer and the computer is connected to a Wi-Fi® Access Point via a network cable. (i have win7 x64 and my PC is connected to the Wi-Fi router via LAN)

The problem is i can't get past step 3, as soon as i connect my phone to the PC the PC Companion recognizes it and there is no Network Configuration options availible like the manual said there would be. When i go to the Connectivity settings it says "No trusted hosts". Do i need to port-forward some port, If yes i know how to do do it, but i don't know which port.

Can anyone help me on this problem? I really want to connect to my PC via Wi-Fi.

Thanks in advance.

One time poster
XenoGearX

Re: Connecting Neo V with PC via Wi-Fi

Resolved th issue on my own. The network configuration pops up as one of the autoplay options, i set mine to always open it in folder view :smileysilly:. After enabling autoplay with all the options again i managed to pair my phone with my PC and get it to work :smileyhappy:

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Glad this is sorted for you; sorry I didn’t get in to post a reply earlier :smileyhappy:

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
XenoGearX

Ok....managed to pair up the PC and phone but i still can't connect. Tried via PC Companion but it just doesn't do anything at the Connect step (4th one) and i even left my phone there for almost an hour since it said it could take some minutes.

I think it's my router since i always needed to port forward everything (whenever i put a up a hosting server) or others cant see me. Can you tell me which port PC Companion uses so i can try to port forward it.

My router is TP Link TL-WR340G

I can connect from my laptop to my PC with homegroup so the network works fine. I even tried turning of my forewall, but i didn't get anywhere with it.

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

What version of Windows are you running on your PC?

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
XenoGearX

I am using win7 x64. I even tried upating the firmware of my router last night since it was out of date and they had a couple of fixes listed, but that didnt help either

One time poster
XenoGearX

i still haven't resolved this problem so can anyone help me from the support staff?

One time poster
XenoGearX

I tried connecting the phone on my roommates PC and everything worked, are there any known issues with other software, like AVs or non-windows firewalls?

One time poster
XenoGearX

After several trials and failings i resolved the issue myself :smileyhappy:

I had internet sharing on from when i owned a wireless usb adapter, so i had internet sharing on from my LAN connection (i didnt't have a router at that time so i used it as an access point). But i gave this Wi-Fi adapter to my parents and removed the driver, but the internet connection sharing was still on. The problem here is if you have only one adapter in windows you can't access the sharing tab for your connection, so  i installed a virtual connection (tunngle or hamachi) and disabled sharing on my LAN connection and the phone connected instantly :smileyhappy:.

I discovered this by disabling my LAN adapter and enebling it again and the weird thing was that even with sharing enabled the phone managed to connect to the PC, but couldn't reconnect until i restarted the connection again.

I hope whoever has problems with the same issue will get help and resolve it faster then i have.

Novice
Daclere

Can it run on windows 8?