Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Odan.be

Can't Acces the Front camera On the SE Xperia Neo after the update

Hey,

the icon on the camera menu to switch to the front camera and back seems to have dissapeared after SE latest update using PC companion.

How should I access it ?

grtz

Demigod
Martha-

Re: Can't Acces the Front camera On the SE Xperia Neo after the update

I haven't heard of this before, so let's see if anyone else comes forward with that issue.

Could you try another application like Skype to see if you can use the front camera in that application?

One time poster
toks73

I have exactly the same problem, but I don't remember if it was after the update. Skype is not showing front camera too. Is there another way to test it?

Oracle
suze

I have seen this issue on another thread, which I will go have a look for.  I think it was resolved by running the update again using the repair option.

However you can test your front camera by accessing the test menu.  From the Dial Pad type in

*#*#7378423#*#* (basically it spells 'service' if you were texting old school)

Then select Service Tests and secondary Camera and see if you can spark it in to life.

I'll pop back with the link to the other thread.

Oracle
suze

Ok there are various threads about this issue but this one seems to have an answer... http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/173676#173676#173676

You could also have a look in the 'More Like This' box at the right hand side of each of the threads, gives you an idea of what other people have tried.

Let us know how you get on.

One time poster
toks73

Thanks for the test menu number, very useful! But unfortunately the message is "This device does not support the function"... do you have another suggestion? I will try to repair the phone using PC Companion in the next days, if it doesn't work I will have to call assistance...

I have read similar threads, but I didn't find them useful.

Anonymous(anon)

facing the same problem after upgrading to 4.0.4. Ran the service test by using *#*#7378423#*#* front camera works fine there... but no option to "SWITCH CAMERA" while running the main camera to snap pics.. Plz help..

One time poster
Adeel

I was trying to find the front camera option after update since I remembered it being in the GB... so I took some steps and found it...

When you run your camera on Picture taking mode you see SCN AUTO on the left upper corner... click it and you would find the option for fronth camera..

You welcome!

Anonymous(anon)

i have updated my xperia pro yesterday, facing same problem, it can not be resolved even i restored the phone to factory default as orginal.