Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
HasanTQ

Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver not Available

Using windows 7 I cannot connect my XPERIA Neo to my laptop :smileysad:

The windows gives a notification that the Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver is not available, same happens for my friends XPERIA Play too.

I want to use a thrid party application to send SMS through my laptop and manage Contacts, etc. Thus the bluetooth peripheral device driver is imperative to connect the device.

My recent experience with Nokia Suite was amazing,

1 - The drivers are fully available for all the phones and allow seemless integration with bluetooth on PCs.

2 - It is ultra convenient to manage all media, contacts and messages through your PC / Laptop using the suite.

Sony, is requested to kindly provide a better Suite with capability of Messaging and Managing Contacts also giving bluetooth peripheral device drivers for connecting the phone through bluetooth.

This is my 5th phone under the Sony Brand and I do not want to be disappointed. I am an avid fan and recommend Sony to all my friends.

These features are very basic and are expected to be available for such high end smart phones.

Hoping to get positive feedback from Sony personnel. Thanks in Advance.

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

Re: Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver not Available

Its the same for both Windows Vista and Windows 7. Microsoft doesn't ship drivers for the whole bluetooth stack in the latest Windows versions. What you need to do in order to get these drivers is to contact the manufacturer of the bluetooth chipset in your computer. Normally they have some sort of bluetooth software which will enable the whole set of bluetooth profiles. Normally you don't need the whole bluetooth stack to use the phone with the computer, but of course that depends on what you are trying to do.

Regarding the new functions in PC Companion you are requesting, I will forward this feedback. For now I can recommend MyPhoneExplorer (3rd party software) instead, which allows you to send and receive messages and handling contacts via the computer.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
HasanTQ

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am currently using My Phone Explorer (thus handling messaging and contacts through it though the functionality is limited plus it is a seperate software requiring seperate handling and maintenance finalyl it does not have a very professional GUI) and I cannot connect my phone with the System over Bluetooth and my device manager in Windows clearly shows that all the drivers of the Bluetooth Device are installed and it is working fine, plus the Nokia phone also worked on the same machine and configuration after the phone first connects there are always some drivers installed regarding the specific device and in this case those drivers that are specific to XPERIA Neo are not available.

Would appreciate your response regarding this aspect. If you can run a test on the specific scenario as all my friends are facing the same issue and I am the one who recommended all the phones, they own Arc, Neo V, Play, Mini Pro and Pro and same issue is persistent at multiple systems. Please guide how to connect these phones through bluetooth to the system allowing sync with MyPhoneExplorer along with steps or preferably a video. I expect the best from Sony :smileyhappy:

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

I'm sorry to disapoint you, but i can not help you with support on MyPhoneExplorer since it's not a software developed by Sony. You should contact Fjsoft who developed it to get support.

I have myself only used MyPhoneExplorer a few times so i'm no expert at it, but the times i've tried it (only tried using USB) it has been working just fine.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
HasanTQ

Well I must say Thank You very much Samuel, I reinstalled the driver for Bluetooth and now the phone is connecting properly :smileyhappy: Now I can sync my phone with My Phone Explorer through Bluetooth and manage contacts plus messages

Second, please highlight the issue that the Sony Suite is supposed to be up to par with its competition and should also incorporate the functionality available in MyPhoneExplorer.

Thanks

One time poster
ursanil

Hi Hasan,

Facing the same issue, what you have faced 3 moths earlier. Suggest the steps to get rid of the problem.

Getting mad for not getting a basic feature in Sony xperia.

One time poster
HasanTQ

Well you are just required to reinstall the drivers for your bluetooth device.

If you are using a laptop then go to the vendor website and download and install the bluetooth driver specific to your model.

Hopefully your issue will be resolved :smileyhappy:

Have faith :smileyhappy: Sony is Good

Visitor
erozcs

has anyone solved the issue with the bluetooth peripheral device driver?

rz

k2h
Learner
k2h