Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Bad news! ICS delayed!

so initally it takes upto 140-150mb RAM right ??

Anonymous(anon)

I think your issue is the drivers aren't correct.

When I unlocked my bootloader I couldn't get fastboot to see my device - in the end I found a link to some alternative drivers on XDA and got it working.  I'm on Windows 7 x64 BTW.

Anonymous(anon)

More than that because the core Android usage isn't displayed in the Running Processes list!

On a cold boot I end up with about 80MB free and 250MB in use.

I hope the final release is a lot better than this.

As an experiment I used the new ICS task list and "swiped away" all my running apps.  I still only have 58MB of free RAM.

Screenshot_2012-04-02-11-21-52.png

slimshaddy

the zigrush whatever it is :smileylaugh: finds my device , and it does something... but in the end it says " superuser.apk could not be installed"

*completed

*rebooting

and the phone reboots without superuser app....

Anonymous(anon)

You're not running the .62 f/w are you? Because it can't be rooted.  You'd need to go back to the .42 release if that's the case.

The security exploit used by zergrush was patched from release .62 and greater.  :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

wow how come settings is eating soo much RAM .. and so is the music player

this is bad ...

Anonymous(anon)

The Music Player I can understand - I have 3,000 songs all with album art and the widget is on my home screen.

But Settings!  WTF?  :smileyshocked:

slimshaddy

i just checked , my settings - 23 mb.. i downloaded some ics apk.. but i always had 20 mb usage by settings..

One time poster
Mhyke

Actually we do not need root in ICS if they will include Built-in RAM Manager and enable us to remove Bloatwares, not just by Hiding or Disabling them which is a feature of ICS, but Uninstalling them permanently.

but I do hope they can optimize the RAM usage for 2011 Xperia, but it is also a good idea if they could include a Built-in RAM manager though :smileysilly:

slimshaddy

i am on 0.42 only :smileysad:

do i have to install sdk tools also..??

when the last time you told me to o , sdk was downloading , i dont even know how much files....

i waited 2 hours and still it kept downloading...