Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Bad news! ICS delayed!

well if they allow us to control the stupid bloatware .. and we disable thm

we will have good amount of Ram available hopefully

slimshaddy

to control you will have to root :smileyhappy:

and by rooting you can replace GB system apps with Ics.... so why update... but still we can go to ics and then root...

dont know which will be the best solution..

Anonymous(anon)

lol why should we void our warranty ?? let it be over then we can try all the things

also they are providing ICS so we should update it ..

Anonymous(anon)

I don't think you can replace GB system apps with ICS ones Slim!  What apps do you have in mind?

slimshaddy

@ saurabh - i flashed my phone so i think my warranty was over long time ago :smileylaugh: those service centre noobs know nothing...

@ rec- auni replaced the battery icon , you added power widgets on the notification panel.. i'm talking about these types of things :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

so you want to just make up ur phone lolzzz :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I'm not sure selecting services it's going to help much.  I'm back running the ICS beta and there isn't much in the "Running Processes" list that you could do without.  I have:

Xperia Home (35MB)

Settings (23MB)

Facebook (10MB)

Google Services (9.5MB)

Music (17MB)

SecureClockService (3MB)

Digital Clock (3.5MB)

Maps (7.3MB)

Call log extension (5.3MB)

Storage capability (8.6MB)

Xperia Keyboard (13MB)

Cached processes:

Google Account Manager (3.2MB)

Package Access Helper (3.6MB)

Yes I could remove Facebook, all my Google accounts, home screen widgets, etc. But then I'm left with a phone - not a "smart" phone.

Hopefully I'll have the final release soon now it's been certified so I'll report back in the Arc S forum when I've had it running for a few days.

Anonymous(anon)

OK.  None of these mods are ICS specific though, hence my confusion.  :smileyhappy:

And installing mods like this on GB once you have root access isn't particularly difficult.  Although I can't be seen to encourage people to do this because it upsets some users on this forum.  :smileywink:

slimshaddy

i am already upset :smileyangry: cant fucking root... dont know what the hell is wrong... tried everything.. you also gave me step wise step guide , some other member also gave me but still same error :smileyangry:

dont know what's wrong....... dont want to flash \ update , restoring is pain in the ass..

slimshaddy

hmm you told this before that home takes a lot of ram....

another processes are similar.....