Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: 8 Mpx Camera produces only ultra-compressed low quality images: is it a bug or a feature!?

well yes it is a software thing.. now i remember something when i had my W580 way back i flashed my phone to improve my camera quality but it automatically reduced the video taking ability of the phone

so what i can think of is they did the same thing in all other phones too ..if they improve the camera quality then out HD video recording will suffer ...

so maybe thats why they are not doing anything about it .. i may be wrong but thats what i did to my w580 .

Anonymous(anon)

Re: 8 Mpx Camera produces only ultra-compressed low quality images: is it a bug or a feature!?

can't really see why that would happen.. all in all we do have a decent camera phone and they did alter the compression in the last update.. now the edges all a bit more soft than they were before. But still, in my opinion some potential is limited.

Anonymous(anon)

i agree ..on SE site this is a camera smartphone .. so we should get what we have paid for

but will they release any update soon?

i m hoping to get ICS for my neo v .. and hope this is crued along with it

Anonymous(anon)

Well they did say a month ago that xperia 2011 line of fones will get newer version's of android. this doesn't really answer your question, i know, but that's all we got right now.  Now that every other manufacturer has said it would give ICS to some devices, probably SE will do the same, we just have to wait and see which devices.

But if they didn't fix the problem by now with 2 SW updates, I wouldn't bet my money on it that they will do it with any SW update. I'd say it's more certain that 2011 xperia phones will get ICS than a camera fix. My opinion.

Anonymous(anon)

camera will certainly improve in ICS .. but i want Sony to do it themselves..

i dont have much hope though.. coz sony is very lazy and dont really bother much after releasing a phone ..and that kinda sucks

Anonymous(anon)

Mods please update about this issue .. we have paid for a good camera smartphone afterall

Anonymous(anon)

Dear engineers from Sony Ericsson,

I own SE K500i / 750 and Nokia N73 and I have to say that the NEO has the worst camera.:smileyminus::smileyminus::smileyminus: K750 (2 megapixel) is incomparably better. Nokia N73 (3.2 megapixel) is compared with NEO almost without criticism!!

:smileyalert:Give us the best possible quality images the NEO can do. We prefer photos with 10 MB than having shit with 1 Mb!!!!:smileyalert:

Thank you for all paying users and consumers !!!!!!!

I and MY FRIEND ARE FROM CZECH REPUBLIC.  :smileyconfused::smileyconfused::smileyconfused:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

this problem its a HUGE issue all across the Xperias, yes ALL xperias have this problem, even the flagship phone Xperia Arc

Talent
paul4os

At least let us have a setting which lets users CHOOSE how much compression to have in the image (just like the coarse / fine / superfine etc.settings on most digital cameras).

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I agree, I think that one of the reasons for them not to do this is because it will slow down the camera, there is a BURST mode app on the market and even on the X10 (which has a really SLOOOOOOWWW camera) can take pictures really fast but low resolution, ironically they look quite similar to pictures taken with the Arc