Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

sjk
One time poster
sjk

sony xperia tipo ST21i software problems

I am using sony xperia tipo ST21i, Android 4.0.4 ,buildnumber11.0.A.0.16  found so many bugs in the os

1. external memory content are not reading after connecting phone to pc in mass storage mode

2. after connecting phone to pc the ringtone selected from external sd is not working

3. apps are not installing to external sd

4. while playing motion sensor games(touch screen is not using this time) screen goes off after 30s

5 .when we get incoming call the screen goes dark while  the phone is locked

6. game data  reads only  from internal memory,not from the external sd

7. keyboard is hard to type

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: sony xperia tipo ST21i software problems

1. do you have the correct drivers.

2. if the ringtone is on the SD card it makes sense it wont work as the SD card it's mounted to the PC

3. that's a known issue, I hope that the next update fix this issue

4. can you elaborate on this issue

5. that seems to be a bug, you should repair your phone with SUS or PCC

6. this is the same as 3.

7. what do you mean it's hard to type?

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

http://software.sonymobile.com/install_packs/Update_Service_Setup-2.12.12.41.exe

for future reference

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Talal

In mass storage mode, drive icons appear in ''my computer'' from where you can access files. If icons are not appearing, disconnect phone from PC, then change settings to mass storage, connect phone back to PC, and check.

Make sure you store your custom ringtones in ''Music'' folder inside internal storage as ringtones stored somewhere else get unlinked automatically when phone is restarted or connected to PC. This is still happening in sony tipo even after latest software update, and sony should look into this glitch.

Applications and games will not install to external SD as OS is pre-configured to install apps to internal storage only. Moreover, Internal storage is enough to retain a large mass of applications.

Keyboard is okay to type. Look at play store to find some better alternative to Xperia keyboard.

sjk
One time poster
sjk

1.ya

2.If i set ringtone thats not  permannetly applied

4.play nfs shift ,without touching the screen for 45s the screen turns off

6.I put the games data file on sdcard ,then run the game it shows data not found

7.when i touch  A > S is written(i use galaxy ace before buying this phone)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

which class is your SD card?

do you press A on the center or by the edge?

One time poster
TilakSN

I use Tipo. I don't mind installing apps in phone/internal memory, but is there a way to run apps with data stored in external memory. Some games need approx 2 gb and internal memory is not enough for such huge files. Please help me.