Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
psabnis1

SONY Xperia Tipo Dual very slow, Default apps crashing as well

Hello,

I am using SONY Xperia Tipo dual from Sept 2012.

Intital few months were good. But after that phone is becoming very slow. Even phone book/ call records take 30+ seconds to load/ open.

ALso default applications (facebook, google +) etc are crashing suddenly. This happens even when no other tasks are running.

Could SONY people help me out in this issue?

Also is JellyBeans upgrade available for this phone in India?

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

Re: SONY Xperia Tipo Dual very slow, Default apps crashing as well

It sounds like there's some software issues with this phone. Have you tried repairing the phone software? If not, give it a try:

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
psabnis1

Hi Samuel,

I have already done the update available for my phone but still facing same issue.

I don't know what's going on with my phone ... Just to mention that when I check battery details and information related to that.. I found that "Cell Standby" is consuming 90%+ .. is it normal behavior?

I checked with some other Android phones where in this usage is very less.

I am highly frustrated with this phone... I am receiving crashing messages for contacts also... "Contacts is not responding"...

Please suggest proper way to resolve my problem.

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

I'm not talking about the update, I'm talking about repairing the phone software. When repairing the software in the phone will be replaced with the same version again. Something seems to be wrong in your phone so I'd suggest you try it.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
MadiM8

Hi

I am having the same problem and have been for the last week, I reinstalled the software as suggested but no changes, my phone is still very slow. It currently has no additional apps on it using memory it is just the basic software reinstalled using the update service. The only personal data I have added is my contacts. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Madi

MJC
MJC

The phone has an 800 MHZ process and limited memory.  It is very easy to fill up the memory, which will slow the phone down.

• Get an external SD (I have a 32 GIG) and move all your videos, music and photo to this card.  Unfortunately, Google decided to prevent applications from being installed on this card.
  • I use the Navfree GPS application and it allows me to move all the map data to the External SD card.
  • Get the application .... All-in-one toolbox from the app store.  It's free and it will show you exactly how much memory is being used.  On my phone ... RAM 37% free ... ROM 46% free  ... SD (internal, not external) 38% free.  CPU cycles between 8% and 72%
  • Move as many applications as you can to the internal SD card.  Some application can be moved and some can't.
  • Power off the phone to reset everything when it get slow.
  • Don't use live wallpaper
  • Clear cash once in a while.
  • Keep the applications updated and only update one at a time.

Bottom line is you have to manage this phone or it will  slow down.  Mine works great.