Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
JasperA

Network not available

Right, so my phone has no signal hasn't done for about three day. Originally I thought it was just the network being down but my girlfriend has the exact same phone on the same network and hers is fine. I searched for network operators under mobile network settings but it won't detect mine and my sim won't allow connection to any of the others.

Next I tried my sim card in my girlfriends phone and all was fine full signal and everyhting was normal, back in my phone and it was straight off again. What's funny is for about 10 minutes 2 or 3 times over the past 3-4 days my signal and network have come back and i managed to text 1 or 2 people before it dissapeared again.

Eventually I just got fed up and performed a Factory data reset. completely wiped everything off my phone... annnd all for nothing, signal came back for 2 minutes or so after I'd done it but then went.

Need my phone, normally I'd be happy without it but I am expecting a call from a potential job so... bit desperate for answers.

Please help, Thanks in advance guys!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Network not available

do you have a task killer, task manager, antivirus, battery apps?

go to settings > more > mobile networks > network mode, do you have the exact type as your girlfriend's? Do you have a SIM lock?

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
JasperA

Network Mode and everything is the same on both phones. I don't have task killer manager antivirus or any battery apps should i get them?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that's odd, you don't need those apps, so stay away from those apps. what if you use her SIM card on your phone?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)