Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

yat
One time poster
yat

Bluetooth problem in xperia tipo...plz help

I paired a bluetooth device i sent the file ...tipo received it. but if i try to send the file from that paired device again it automatically cancels the transfer and the sending device shows "Sending failed" error. I can receive file only once from a paired device. i tried pairing 7 phones n laptops and its same with all of them. What should i do ? Please help.

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

Re: Bluetooth problem in xperia tipo...plz help

Which firmware are you using in your phone?

Tried this myself, sent 4 files from a Xperia T and 2 from a Xperia S and it worked just fine.

Have you tried updating/repairing the software?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

yat
One time poster
yat

I tried updating....In settings>About Phone>Update center but its showing no updates available and the current one is latest. is it the way to do it?

I don't get the incoming file notification and i think it automatically reject the incoming file notification because if my screen is off it turns on when i send file from ohter device.

yat
One time poster
yat

Well...with all the phones i tried sending word documents, excel documents and epub files...and these are the only one which are not getting received on tipo. Music, video and photos can be trasferred but not the above mentioned file types.

One time poster
luisr1977

I have the same problem but only with office 2010 files.

One time poster
AlexKidd

I can confirm, I have similar problem with epub and other unknown file extensions.

The smartphone doesn't shows me any notification, seems that the files (with not recognized extension) sent from pc to the smartphone fall into a black hole.

Xperia Tipo ST21i

version 4.0.4 (Build: 11.0.A.4.22)

The smartphone must receive any type of file from another authorized device

One time poster
vagfot

I also have a problem synchronizing my XPERIA TIPO bluetooth with my car's bluetooth (Renault Megane 2010 model). It's annoying being able to comunicate in your car with your old Nokia and not with your smart phone. Haven't come across any settings or work arounds to this problem.

One time poster
Coolicle