Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
bessybunte

xperia pro internal memory problem

is there any known problem or fault with the internal memory of this phone? i purchased december 2011 and started having trouble with memory in march and since then its gotten worse. the phone now does not function properly, slow, crashes, lost display settings, will not load emails etc. i deleted apps and yet memory freed up does not adjust appropriately and have moved all possible files to sd and still i have low internal memory.

can someone offer advice and help? its getting to the point i'm going to buy a new phone and it wont be a sony!

One time poster
m4dj

Re: xperia pro internal memory problem

Hi ! I also had memory space problems (with internal). When the space drop to 40MB somewhere...you will get the low space notification and this is annoying. 

I have moved the applications to sd card (the ones that can be moved ). I realize that sometimes is better to unninstall the application and installing the newer version reather than updating it with update.

I also got a lot of additional space by unninstaling the updates from Office suite viewer 6. The google play willa lways notify about update but I have just skiped this. I have got about 20MB more space.

The same thing goes for google maps. I had 60 MB of free space and when i tried to update google maps ...i got the error that I have insufficient storage available. after updating to newest version I saw that the google maps take too much space, so i ahve unninstalled the latest update.

Now I ahve almost 90MB of free internal storage and this is ok. Not all applications can be moved to sd card.  I also saw that unninstalling some applications from sd card, I also get more space in internal memory so also keep in mind this.

You can also try the application app2sd free that has also a cache cleaner and also a great tool for free more space along the sugegstions that i have writte above.

Hope it helps.

One time poster
bessybunte

Thanks for the response - tried all of that and did work for a few months and now it doesn't - I uninstalled all updates, moved as many apps to sd, the was forced to delete everything. Only apps not standard on my phone are google maps, watsapp and ES file explorer - thats it!!! Its telling me I only have 3 mb free!!

One time poster
m4dj

Thats very strange. In ICS under the settings - storage... you can see the status of internal storage. Mine says Total space: 420MB, apps 306 and available 80.3MB..... Did you check here to see what is dispplayed ?

One time poster
bessybunte

SD CARD:

Total space: 7.39 GB

Available space: 6.46 GB

INTERNAL:

Available: 7.75 MB

Any thoughts??? I'm losing my patience with it and thought I would try here as a last ditch attempt! Its not even made it to a year old!

One time poster
m4dj

Hi ! This is a total space of sd card... i meant the total space of the internal memory. Here is a pic. a total must be 420MB. If there is not 420MB then something is wrong !

Check what is the size of apps....

Screenshot_2012-09-15-23-08-09.png

One time poster
bessybunte

screenshot_2012-09-15_2307.png

One time poster
m4dj

Hi ! it seems that you don't have ICS installed so the photo is different. there is no info how much storage is total internal memory and what it is using so much. You could install ICS by updating it or manually flash to ICS like I did. When updating don't forget to choose the opttion factory reset + update /this is available when updating through SUS) Otherwise use PC companion and after the update do a repair .

If you don't want to update right now then I suggest you to do a repair using SUS.

You can also try to install some storage analyzer ..something like that and see how much space you have total and what is eating it. You should heve 420MB of total space. Like my photo says...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

How to manually update 2011 Xperias to android 4.0.4 build number 4.1.B.0.431

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/38251

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
bessybunte

Think I have found the culprit - the built in email software was taking up almost 200 MB!!!!! I cleared all data and downloaded yahoo mail instead!!! Seems to be functioning fine now!!:smileyhappy: