Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Community Manager
Johan

Re: whats new in 62 build number

I'm sorry to hear, this is the first time i hear of a SE Android phone that calls by itself.

Might seem far fetched and to no use but I suggest that you run the repair of the phone software again using either SEUS or PCC.

I have not checked this RAM consumption problem that you're talking about but I will grab a mini as soon as I can and check this.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Community Manager
Johan

I checked the RAM thing, first flashed the .42 software and the RAM usage were 106MB in use and 207MB free. Then i flashed it to .62 and the RAM usage now is 112MB in use and 211MB free.

So it seems to me that there is no big difference in RAM configuration between these two firmware's.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

i have a NEtQuin security and netQuin android booster( task killer ) on my phone!

you say it might happened for these apps?!

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

get rid of them, you do NOT need them.

One time poster
Xtrifer

Thanks for your concerns Johan, when I reinstalled the firmware,indeed there's a lot of ram free, but when I'm using my phone I open many apps, and my problen is not the amout of ram the firmware uses, but the way the firmware manage ram is what I'm concerned,the ram keeps filling and then it never deplete it, my phone gets sluggish, and then any app is on multitask, every app just start again when I want to go back to that app, for me you should review ram management please, I'm looking forwardto ICS, also there is some bug in the music player, when Ram is full, the player make cues and repeat the same part of the song like if a Cd were scratched, and flashplayer is choppy,it doesn't work the way it used to work in other firmwares, I really like this phone and the last update is not what I wanted, if you discover somethin ill be glad. Also I don't get it, why this page take too long to load on a Xperia phone, is nonsense, inputting my user  name and password is a real pain, and answering this quetion has taken me forever, greetings

One time poster
petko83f

Maybe without apps it has 211MB free, but with my (usual) apps it`s definetely sluggish, so I totally agree with you, it seems that .62 manages RAM worse than .42. Had no problems with music since i use Winamp... web pages and office documents dont have the fluid scrlooling anymore... Previously i said that the battery is discharging faster- i confirm that again, i havent touched the phone for 6 hours, no wifi bluetooth, and it felt for 10%...

Thanks Johan for checking the problem, keep up the work, now you know most of the bugs in .62 firmware :smileyhappy:.

Demigod
santam

I got this new update on 4th feb at 1st glance I didn't noticed any changes I thought this update was only for bugfixes!! but I notice that SE included the GLONASS and Web-Gl support!!! which is awesome!!! thank u SE!! :-D

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
slimshaddy

great :smileywink:

Demigod
santam

@slim did u tried out the Web-Gl demo??? if not then here's the links!!! and please note to view this demo u need to use your stock browser...!!!    dl-developer.sonyericsson.com/demo/webgl/blackcube/index.html     dl-developer.sonyericsson.com/demo/webgl/blog/webgl_materials_cubemap.html     dl-developer.sonyericsson.com/demo/webgl/blog/webgl_materials_normalmap.html     dont forget for the review!!:smileytongue:

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution.
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
slimshaddy

ok will check. :smileyhappy: