Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

update notification show up then disappeared

guys, just want to ask question.

I'm Indonesian and bought my xperia mini pro 2011 in december 2011 -unlocked- in official distributor store in Indonesia. I use telkomsel as the telco provider.

i update around December 2011 (?) to 4.0.2.A.0.58.

In February this year or close to that, there is a permanent notification to update the FW to x.x.062. because i don't have time yet, I just let it stay that way. end february I went to US and will stay here in US until next april. for cost reason in US I used AT&T.

after using AT&T for awhile, i just realized that the update notification is gone, i try to check trough setting> about phone> software update. and it say my phone is up to date. my guess is the x.x.062 is not yet approved by AT&T or something like that.

my question is this: "will the notification update show up again when I'm back in Indonesia and switch the SIM card to my previous telco provider; Telkomsel?

i'm only interested to update the phone back in Indonesia, just to make sure i'm not messing with anything.

Thanx.

ps: man, prepaid plan in US is expensive!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: update notification show up then disappeared

you don't have to wait, settings -> about phone -> software update

Make Sure to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

or just get a computer and run PCC or SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

also remember that your phone its unlocked and the update doesn't depend on which network you are using it on. in other words, it doesn't matter that you are using AT&T your phone it is NOT locked to AT&T

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

if you rather manually update your phone

Xperia Mini Pro ST15i/a 2.3.4 update 4.0.2.A.0.62

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/30659

Xperia Mini ST15i/a 2.3.4 update 4.0.2.A.0.62

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/30659