Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

cell is locked

I'm having problems with my phone, it is locked by the mobile operator. I requested the unlock code for the operator. I received the code, but does not accept the portable. I contacted the support ofsony stating the problem and so far not received any solution to the problem.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: cell is locked

SONY won't give you the code, that's up to the network since they require the IMEI number, also there are other websites that can unlock your phone

DavinciTeam, WotanServer

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Trustee
Nessa

Hi!

To unlock the phone you will need to get a SIM lock code from the original Operator. SIM lock codes (also known as NCK codes, or Network control key) are only provided by the network operator the mobile phone is locked to.

Sony Mobile is contractually prevented by operators from providing these lock codes to consumers. Please contact your service provider for further options. 

Anonymous(anon)

thanks for your help. I contacted the wireless carrier to unlock yourphone. they sent me the code, but it did not work. so had come in contact with the support of sony 5 days ago. The Sony asked me tocontact the network. I contacted. They told me to contact Sony again.I was very upset. They send me a side to side and do not resolve. I'm sure if they wanted, they would have resolved. Surely Sony knows away to unlock without the Network operator. Well, it does not matter anymore. I had to pay to unlock your phone into a mobile repair shop.I hope never again depend on the support of Sony. never. The sonywas terrible. I paid twice to use the phone.!

Anonymous(anon)

The mobile operator sent me the code to unlock. But it did not work. I contacted Sony support again. And they told to contact the operatoragain. And the operator told me the same code and asked to get in touch with Sony, because only Sony could solve. Ok I get it. I'm an idiot to believe in Sony and the mobile operator. I had to pay to unlock the phone. I went up to a phone repair shop and paid to solve the problem and finally be able to use the phone. I hope I never have to contact Sony again. I'll get rid of the phone as fast as possible. I'll buy a samsung or iphone. thank you very much!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

it's not up to Sony to unlock your phone, it's up to the network to do so, for the most part networks don't do that, since they subsidized the phones, they want you to stay with them, so either you can buy an unlock code or you can insist your network, but it is up to the network not sony.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

again, this is a network issue not so much Sony.

Anonymous(anon)

yor network operator's problem...u cnt ask anything to sony for dis problem...its upon yor network provider

Anonymous(anon)

you can unlock your phone using codes. you can get the unlock codes either from your service provider or from other online providers like Unlocking4U.com