Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia mini pro sk17i auto brightness

But Its really annoying to have the screen keep on changing its brightness levels. There really should have been an option to disable this. Afterall i sould be the one to choose whats best for me.. What if i prefer to have cent percent bright screen everytime?

Please do take care of this issue on the next frimware update.Add an option to disable automatic brightness.

One time poster
james9891

I guess u mentioned above that u r on version 4.0.2.A.0.42. The latest version of FW us  4.0.2.A.0.62

Hence u can try updating the phone software and see if it works. Try using SEUS(Sony Ericsson update service)

One time poster
darrenj1

This phone has the auto brightness setting hidden.

I vaguely remember hearing that older Sony phones had the setting but removed the setting from interface to resolve an issue.

The auto brightness setting is still there - it is just hidden.

The question is, what is your auto brightness setting?

I had an app once that allowed me to make the auto brightness setting visible, and control it, unfortunately I cannot remember the app name. but it was on the store.

If you search for the app and make this setting visible you can toggle the current setting and hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Note, I also get screen flicker when the phone is held in a certain position, but this is not auto brightness, hopefully you are referring to a different thing.

Anonymous(anon)

hi Markus,

well, just a question. i tried out of curiosity to check my light sensor and it stays on the value zero all the time. no matter if i cover the phone with something, if i stay in bright light or if i stay in total darkness. is there anything i can do, or do i have to send in my phone for repair?

thanks in advance!

Inhabitant
enny18

Hello,

I dont think SK17i has a light sensor installed. Although the screens appears it does but i have verified with apps and it says no light sensor installed.

Anonymous(anon)

Ok, I have an issue with the auto brightness sensor. When I browse facebook for instance with the phone in landscape mode (usb on the left) my thumb irritates the brightness sensor making the screen change brightness rapidly. IT IS SO ANNOYING people! I don't want to root the freaking phone just to get the auto brightness disabler app to work! This is hurting my eyes and I believe it's not good for the screen as well... Auto brighness disable option is a MUST. Same thing happens in the browser making surfing a pain. Do something, not pleased at all with this.

Edit: I have a Xperia Mini ST15, Android updated to latest version today via PC Companion

One time poster
naoliv

Any news on this issue, please?

How many more times do we have to say that it's really annoying to have the screen flickering like this?

One time poster
m4dj

As I know the aurtobrightness feature cannot be disabled without rooting. The sensor will always tend to adjust the brightness. I use invisibright free application  that has some nice features and flickering is less noticable. You can try it.

One time poster
naoliv

No answer (or fix!) for such annoying and known issue makes me think if there is any kind of quality assurance in Sony.

One time poster
arutemauepon

i don't think there'll be any fix for this and other problems...they probably want us to see all these problems as features exclusively built for the phone