Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Trustee
Markus

Re: Xperia mini pro sk17i auto brightness

Do you have the "On/off: Backlight" widget added to your home screen? Tap on this once if you do and to see if it this affects the auto setting.

Either way, what apps are affected by this? Does it always happen or e.g. only when in the browser?

Anonymous(anon)

The on off backlight widget simply switches between two brightness levels and in no way affects the auto adjustment.

The auto adjustment of screen brightness works everytime and is not specific to any application, i.e.it works even when the phone is idle.

The main disadvantage is that when one wishes to view picture or video in full brightness,apart from setting the brightness to max,he also has to move to an area with ample light. Otherwise the screen would stay dim or wil start to flicker.

Trustee
Markus

I know it should not affect it but the info I have also says that the auto adjustment should not work when brightness is set to max. Just trying to figure out what could be the cause. I understand the problem but I cannot understand why it's happening.

Anonymous(anon)

May be its a software glitch.

Hope the Sony Ericsson team will take this matter into consideration,develop a fix and make it available on the next software update soon.

Trustee
Markus

Yes, I've forwarded the feedback I've received here in this thread (thanks!). If it's a software issue I hope for a fix in coming software too. :smileyhappy:

If I stumble upon a solution or come up with something worth a shot I'll post again. Please do the same and let me know. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Does the Xperia mini pro have auto-brightness really? I dont notice any brightness adjusting in my phone. I dont see the auto-adjustment on/off checkbox too

how will I know if my phone's light sensor works? tried adjusting it to dark and putting the phone in a dark area but no brightness adjustment happens

Trustee
Markus

Open the Dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#*. This will take you to the service menu. Tap on Service tests > Ambient Light Sensor. Hold your hand at the top (covering the sensor) and see if the number changes (should drop).

Anonymous(anon)

Brighter area = higher value

darker area  = lower value

This is what it read. Thanks mod for the help :smileyhappy:

And so if I put the phone in a brighter area, should the phone automatically adjust its brightness? I tried doing it but I do not notice some changes

Anonymous(anon)

Sure! And thanks for the replies!

Trustee
Markus

Yes, the brighter area, the brighter screen. If you turn off all lights at the same time, going from a bright room to a dark, you should probably notice the screen brightness dropping.

It's quite hard to see this though since we're not talking about huge differences.