Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia mini pro sk17i auto brightness

Is there a way without rooting this phone to disable the auto brightness function as it is annoying when the screen brightness changes.

Why put a setting for screen brightness when the internal firmware messes it up, that is just plain stupid.

I have seen programs on the app store that claim they can solve this but they dont, well the ones I have tried dont and most of them say they require the

phone to be rooted.

Thanks

Master
slimshaddy

Re: Xperia mini pro sk17i auto brightness

i dont know any app...

you should wait for the ics..hopefully it will be resolved :smileywink:

Trustee
Markus

If you set the screen brightness to max at Settings > Screen it will turn off the auto adjustment. It will of course use quite a lot battery but the auto setting should be inactivated.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the answer but kind of missing the point.

If you have a setting for brigthness it should not be interfered with by the firmware and cause the screen to go bright-dark intermittent.

The battery life is not the best on this device so turning brightness to full is definately a no go.

Lets see if the icecream sandwich update brings a no nonsense solution to this ie PUT A SETTING TO DISABLE AUTOBRIGHTNESS surely you should be able to control features of a phone, especially when a feature is just plain daft.

Master
slimshaddy

hmm that will be a good to wait for the ics :smileywink:

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, this is REALLY stupid! hate when other decides what for me is better. I hate Sony's Bravia Engine in this phone..or screen is aweful. Mine chinese Huawei u8800 looks MORE better. This one have very non realistic colors, and they are washed out.too bright..

Why they removed option to use or disable auto brighness i don't know, my huawei have it.

Anonymous(anon)

this issue annoys me too.

Anonymous(anon)

Setting screen brightness to max doesnt turn off the auto adjustment! The light sensor still works!

Trustee
Markus

Which phone model are you using and what build number does it have? (Settings > About phone).

Anonymous(anon)

Model: Xperia Mini ST15i

Build number: 4.0.2.A.0.42