Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
julianliao

Xperia mini pro Sk17i ICS update problems

Dear all

My Xperia mini pro (Sk17i) had successfully update to ICS 4.1.B.0.587. (in Taiwan)

But there still more problems occurred than it solved.

1. The system freeze more often than last ICS update. The RAM runs out very quickly.

2. The operation of phone lag seriously more often than last update. Even there are still about 100MB free RAM. Reboot can solve the problem temperolly, but is lagged again after few hours... Before update, maybe I have to reboot every 2-3 days. Now I have to Reboot for 2-3 times everyday.

3. The last update make my music play list vanished. I cannot add a whole album into an existed nor a new playlist. Now the problem still exist after update to 4.1.B.0.587. And one more thing, my camera photos in 100ANDROD\DCIM had gone! Disappeared! Thank God I have installed Dropbox...The Camera auto upload function of Dropbox DID saved my all pictures.

Data lost is a very serious problem. Music playlist, then camera pictures. Who is the next?

I want to declaire to SONY:

I bought this Phone to use it, not to try to trouble-shooting every day.

DO NOT test my paitient.

One time poster
ahmed120

Re: Xperia mini pro Sk17i ICS update problems

me too has the same problem since i had ICS 4.1.B.0.587

mobile became unbearable

wifi almost not work

is there any way to uninstal it !!

One time poster
Aniketg

for your kind information sony has already revealed that the new update might affect your phone performance.

the problem you r facing is most common in mini pro.if you didn;t restart you phone 3-4 times daily then it itself will get restart for 3-4 times daily.to save RAM try deleting cache of several apps like facebook,instagram,you tube...

nothing more can be done to save RAM.

i suggest you to downgrade on 2.3.4

its better to enjoy the phone at low end software rather cursing your low end phone having a high end software which is worthless.

One time poster
Aniketg

system update can't be uninstalled.

contact sony care and tell them your problem.they will give you 2.3.X inside your phone

Enthusiast
ppgsk17

Totaly disagreed to your comments! :smileyminus:

1st if you think its lowerend phone then go check Xperia tipo which runs ICS very smoothly

ICS .431 update having very less bugs and is good!

So we must expect more from .587!

BTW restart my phone weekly 1-2 times i am not facing any lags as such until you use large apps which eat your memory.

Try using Android Assistance which is good app for managing memory!

One time poster
Aniketg

xperia tipo comes with 3mp camera don't have 720p video recording,don't have bravia engine and but it has 2.5 GB internal memory and cortex A5 chipset:smileyshocked:..with support to 512 MB RAM,xmp also have 512 MB RAM....

but seriously this user has reported a problem and i'd faced it too.it concludes that ics is not a proper os for xmp.

and what it means we shouldn't use large apps??

i experienced that my xmp on 2.3.4 runs smoothly even at 20MB min ram space and when i was using ics if i ever reached below 90..it starts restarting automatically.

and why there is need to restart the phone manually.it means the phone requires more maintenance.:smileyhappy:

restart your phone daily.

don't keep large apps.

maintain RAM.

One time poster
Manc10

Hello!! i have a sk17i with the same version as you. and i have all the problems stated above. i have a 2gb sd card. i wanted to extend it. i wanted to know if it will be fine to put a 16gb card? and what is that 2.3.x??

One time poster
prime

I have installed pc companion few days ago, it is constanly showing me to update my phone's software. i am not a expert on doing things like this, so i googled and found that people had problems after updating.........Now i want a suggestion from you as i have seen you quiet active in this forum, should i update its software???? Will it be a trouble?????

reply me please...

untitled.JPG