Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
priloza

Re: Xperia Mini ST15i - Reboots after upgrading to ICS 4.0.4

I have this same problem after updating the firmware two days ago. Never had the restart issue since I bought the phone a year ago. I can't even receive calls or take a picture anymore. I've noticed that if I connect my phone via USB to my laptop, it doesn't reboot.

One time poster
Glorifyday

What is the number of firmware that causes these problems on your phone, priloza?

One time poster
priloza

4.1.B.0.587. Also, could this be a battery issue since it doesn't reboot once I plug it into a charging point? I can't use my phone anymore unless it's plugged into some sort of charging mode; either USB or wall socket. I really am trying to avoid a downgrade to Gingerbread to solve this...

One time poster
Glorifyday

This all seems quite random... mine works stable under .431 and was rebooting under Gingerbread.

Now I am a bit affraid to upgrade to .587.

I suggest that you go to service point if you have warranty, or flash it with older firmware otherwise.

Before that, If you upgraded and repaired with PC Companion, maybe try again with Sony Update Service - it employs a different method of upgrade.

One time poster
priloza

Well, I was under warranty so popped off to the Service Center. As expected, was forced to make do with a Gingerbread downgrade and the phone's stable enough now. I miss ICS but I'm truly afraid to take the plunge once more. Maybe I'll try the Sony Update Service method closer to the weekend (so I can go to the Service Center again if there's trouble; sigh).

One time poster
deemcfast

hey there,, how to downgrade my xperia mini st15i 4.0.4 to Gingerbread FW .42?? please help.

One time poster
deemcfast

hey there,, how to downgrade my xperia mini st15i 4.0.4 to Gingerbread FW .42?? please help.

One time poster
m4dj

Hi !  I am using ICS almost  a year from now .... It works ok and never rebooted.

When you do an upgrade you should always do it via SUS and by selecting the second option (factory reset + update). If selecting the default reccomended option (just upgrading) various problems may arise. If you want to downgrade you have to manually downgrade and have the image prepaired (Gingerbread image).