Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: XPERIA MINI CAMERA PROBLEM

I don't follow, what do you mean the picture it's not 5mp nor 720p? there's more than just pixels to have a great picture or video, and at the begining of the thread Nabeel pointed one of the issues, over-compressed pictures. I also believe there's something covering the camera lens, do you have a protective case? protective film? is the lens clean? have you exposed your phone to water/rain/moist?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
TITO.NL

So if I replace my lens do I get better images?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

no

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

do you have a protective case? protective film? is the lens clean? have you exposed your phone to water/rain/moist?

One time poster
TITO.NL

there is a stain inside the lens.but idont know how it happened.i never noticed it before.how can i remove it?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

are you certain that it is "inside" the lens? use a microfiber lens cleaning cloth if the stain is still there, you probably have to send it to Sony's repair center, but if its water damage then the warranty won't cover this.

One time poster
TITO.NL

thanks for your support.i think its better to contact sonys repair center,because it is inside the lens.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

here you go

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

Commissioner
DeGraaff

VERY DIRTY LENS.

Also, disable image stabilization. It only makes your pictures even blurrier.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

If anyone is still having problems with the image compression problem, I suggest you try out Camera Zoom FX. It's a great camera app and has a setting to set jpeg compression level. The normal file size I would get with the stock camera app was around 500kb - 800kb, but when I used the app, it produced 1.5 - 1.8mb files. It also looked a lot sharper and the colors were more accurate.

I hope this helps. :smileyhappy: