Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Wifi saying 'scanning, connecting, disconnected'

My xperia mini pro connects to wifi but after you've left it for a while it disconnects and then in a loop it says 'scanning, connecting, disconnected'. The only way to fix this is by switching the router off and on again. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if Sony are going to fix it? It seems like a common problem with android phones?
Master
slimshaddy

Re: Wifi saying 'scanning, connecting, disconnected'

u said it solves after turning the router on and off..

maybe router's the problem..

plz check the conection with another wifi..

and tell if the same problem remains..

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

I have had this issue myself and it is apparently to do with the configuration of my router. What I have done that has resolved my issue is download an application called Wifistatic from the market. Once you have this disconnect and reconnect power to the router then connect to the router with the phone. Once you have established connection open Wifistatic and hit "Add Configuration" you should get a pop up just hit ok. Once this is done you should be fine.

Anonymous(anon)

wifi static... not wifistatis...

Master
slimshaddy

its just a typo..

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

There you go, my mistake.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks for the advice, I've downloaded that app and it seems to help a bit but the problem's still there, when I don't use the phone for a while it disconnects. I haven't had the chance to try it on other secure routers yet, I don't think it's a router problem because no other devices that use the router have the same problem.
Anonymous(anon)

Have you made sure your Mini Pro is set to never sleep?

Go to Settings -> Wireless & networks ->Wi-Fi settings, then press the menu button and select Advanced. Select Wi-Fi sleep policy and make sure it is set to Never.

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

There is another application worth trying but do so at your own risk. The large majority of feedback has been very positive but it does not resolve this for all: FXR WiFi Fix and Rescue

Anonymous(anon)

sorry sir.. i didn mean any offence.. its jus dat i was mislead by it.. n didn want others to experience the same... my apologies...