Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

VIBRATING XPERIA MINI ST 15I

Dear friends,

I bought a sony ericsson Phone Xperia mini  st 15i in october 2011. Now from 1 month this phone has started vibrating crazily & I am unable to use it. Some time it will allow me to use it for a few minutes. Even if I use it to make a call for 10 mins. it startes its vibrations again and I cannot use it for several hours. What should I do? please help.

Sudharshan

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

Re: VIBRATING XPERIA MINI ST 15I

I would suggest performing a software repair to the device as this does sounds as though it is related to the phones software over hardware, I have supplied a link below that will allow you to download the Update Service software to rectify this issue.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I also have this problem, which is very widespread. Check the "overheating" issue of the Xperia mini. The device capacitors are over-sensitive to temperature and the system "overheats" even at normal temperatures. The response is vibration and auto shutdown of whatever is running. I disabled the vibration response, so now it does not vibrate any more. It just shuts down. Yay.

Every time I have to use the phone or send a message, I have to cool it with ice, or place it in the fridge for several minutes. Out of doors the phone is basically useless.

Huge pain in the a**.

One time poster
sunilmnambiar

I had same problem,my phone starts vibrating after 2-5 minutes usage and the back button automatically gets activated. I resolved the problem by upgrading to ICS, just follow the steps mentioned here: http://www.texient.com/2012/12/sony-ericsson-xperia-mini-vibration-heat.html