Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

VIBRATING XPERIA MINI ST 15I

Dear friends,

I bought a sony ericsson Phone Xperia mini  st 15i in october 2011. Now from 1 month this phone has started vibrating crazily & I am unable to use it. Some time it will allow me to use it for a few minutes. Even if I use it to make a call for 10 mins. it startes its vibrations again and I cannot use it for several hours. What should I do? please help.

Sudharshan

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

Re: VIBRATING XPERIA MINI ST 15I

I would suggest performing a software repair to the device as this does sounds as though it is related to the phones software over hardware, I have supplied a link below that will allow you to download the Update Service software to rectify this issue.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

I also have this problem, which is very widespread. Check the "overheating" issue of the Xperia mini. The device capacitors are over-sensitive to temperature and the system "overheats" even at normal temperatures. The response is vibration and auto shutdown of whatever is running. I disabled the vibration response, so now it does not vibrate any more. It just shuts down. Yay.

Every time I have to use the phone or send a message, I have to cool it with ice, or place it in the fridge for several minutes. Out of doors the phone is basically useless.

Huge pain in the a**.

One time poster
sunilmnambiar

I had same problem,my phone starts vibrating after 2-5 minutes usage and the back button automatically gets activated. I resolved the problem by upgrading to ICS, just follow the steps mentioned here: http://www.texient.com/2012/12/sony-ericsson-xperia-mini-vibration-heat.html