Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
NikunjNandaniya

Testing Electrostatic Noise on my Xperia mini

Hiii Guys,

I guys i tries 2 test for "Electrostatic Noise"  which is given some posts.but i am little bit confusing whether "NOISE" is there or not.i tried start the camera and try hear some noise i think there is nothig.Here i upload one video i still confuse abt that. can u please see that video and tell me is there Noise available or not???i also want SONY guys to see video and give answer whatever it is(NOT IN FEVER OF SONY ONLY).i think there something near abt 54 seconds.Hear carefully at 54 seconds and tell me your opinion.Thanks for your precius time to see this video.

I think "NOISE" is there. My manufacturing week is 11W38.

Trustee
Nessa

Re: Testing Electrostatic Noise on my Xperia mini

Hi!

I personally didn't hear anything. But the electrostatic noise issue has already been resolved through a software update.

I would recommend trying a software update with our PC Companion application.

The PC Companion application is a free download that can be found at our website. You will need a Windows™ computer with internet access. Please download PC Companion from http://www.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/

Once you have installed the program and run it, select "Support Zone" and "Software Update". It will give you instructions on how to install it on the computer and how to run it on the phone afterwards. Please make sure the phone and the USB cable are not connected to the PC throughout the installation process. The Update Service is meant to update the software on the phone.

One time poster
NikunjNandaniya

Hi Nessa,

Thanks for your reply.

1). My phone already updated with latest .62 version.

2). If there is no noise then there is something at 54 and 11th seconds please hear again carefully in silent environment first i also think there is nothing but there is something try to again hear.

3). I also ask one question http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/160167#160167 here but no one can answer because it's by mistake asumed answer by me.from your reply i think there is no new hardware solution available in this production week.am i right??

4).And if there is problem in hardware then with software you are going to hide that sound.it's not possible that hardware not going to produce that noise.software runtime hide that sound....am i right??

5).Still i will i have more 2 to 3 videos.but don't have checked yet. once i will check update u.If i will found something there i will upload here.

6).In this fourm there must be facility to unmark answer.what to do if it is done by mistake as a answer???

I hope all this thing make sense to you if don't please let me know.waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Nikunj

Anonymous(anon)

i am not a mod ..but was just listening to the video you posted and there is no noise .. i guess u pressed the volume button which is for zoom in/zoom out fuction which made that noise ... and that is completly normal

One time poster
NikunjNandaniya

Thanks for your reply.