Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

STILL DISSATISFIED

Hi all,

Still issues to try to overcome.:smileysad:

Looking through the user guide, it says if you want to clear notifications, as I have a few voivemail messages and can't clear them, to tap clear facility! What clear facility? There isn't one when you bring down the notifications.

Also, unlike basic phones with far more call settings functions, the mini pro has few usable. If I get an incoming call and I am not near the phone, seems like the default setting is 4 rings and go to Voice. That's not enough and there's no facility to extend.

The info on messaging is endless and call handling is just as important but not catered for down to adjusting basic functions. Poor.

As regards Apps.....forget it. I have not got my head round it. Limited number using phone storage. Have a big micro sd and it's sitting there wasted. This is probably the most useless phone for me that I have had. The first smartphone and I think I will be looking at others but far more in depth before ordering. Hopefully, Virgin will offer an upgrade soon and I shall take it.

One positive is the screen messaging which is quick and easy to use. All smarts have that now so I will be going elsewhere.

Good forum by other standards but sometimes you have to realise some of us are not APP nerds and just want it easy explanations and settting up and simple mobile phone function.

Thanks,

Jon

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: STILL DISSATISFIED

How about this

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/17499

1) *#61# in the dial pad

this will then bring up a number and how long your ring time is write down the number you'll need it later

2) on the dial pad again type this

**61*(put the number you written down before here e.g. 07923874658)*11*(how long u want it to ring for before voicemail e.g. 30 for 30 seconds)#

so it should look like this **61*07923874658*11*30#

3) exit everything, back to the dial pad, dial  *#61# just to double check that it worked

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Sam

Thanks uliwooly, I had forgotten about that thread. However do bear in mind that this will only work in some cases, for example this does not work with the three networks we have where I am but it is certainly worth a try.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you people! I will check with Virgin to see what the network default is as per Sam's post. Thanks uliwooly, that's an interesting thought. So basically, you should be able to choose the numbers you receive calls from frequently, having a longer ringtime?

That could solve it!

Thanks again,

Jon

Forum Legend
uliwooly

it should apply to all callers, but you can always use an app to filter the calls :smileyhappy:

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Ok. That would seem to solve my prob. Will set it up tonight as hyper busy now but here's hoping you nailed it!

Much thanks again,

Jon

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, thanks again. Have managed to clear voicemail which is a good step and found how to get keypad working . Positive step!!

Jon

Commissioner
DeGraaff

To make better use of your SD card, you need to install an application that notifies you when a recently installed application can be moved to the SD card, such as "App 2 SD" ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a0soft.gphone.app2sd )

Unfortunately, you can not move all your apps to your SD card, but that is an Android limitation rather than a phone-specific limitation.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi DeGraaff,

Thank you for that. I will attempt to get that installed and see what happens.

Many thanks,

Jon