Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

SE email notification problem

I have configured my corporate email account (non-Exchange) on the SE stock email application. While all else is fine, the notifications I recieve are erratic. I've set it to check every 5 minutes, and the issues are -

1) Sometimes the notification does not appear (have selected Settings so that it should always notify), although the email will be in my inbox if I check without refreshing

2) The notification NEVER appears if I exit email using the 'Back' button. Once I'm done checking my mail, I have to exit using the 'Home' key in order to HOPEFULLY receive a notification next time an email arrives

3) Some messages that I haven't read are marked as 'read' when I access my inbox (although never vice-versa)

4) I tried to see if I could set up syncing in 'Settings >> Accounts and Sync', but the 'Activate Auto-Sync' option is not available for the email app. when I select the function 'Add account' (like I said, my work email is not on an Exchange server, I don't know if that has anything to do with it)

Do let me know if you have the problem and if/how you fixed it. If not, do let me know if there are any trusted apps I could check out. Thanks a lot!

Community Manager
Johan

Re: SE email notification problem

Really strange problem.

What build number are you running on?

Menu > Settings > About phone > Build number

What kind of incoming E-mail server is it? POP3, IMAP?

Have your tried any other E-mail app's? Like K-9?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsI...

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.